Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Nintendo Swiitch

I want to share a proud gaming moment. My coworker was bragging about her Mario Kart skills for a week, so I added her and tonight we played with some of her friends. I was Koopa Troopa, my new favorite dude (he is very chill).

Unfortunately, she queued us up for a Grand Prix at 200cc. I haaaaaate 200cc, it's so fast it actually breaks some of the maps. It's just a dumb party mode to play while you're drunk.

So I politely asked her to dial it down:

Screenshot_20190619-224448.png

To her credit, she's pretty good at 200cc mode. Way better than me, anyway. After suffering through the four races of our Grand Prix, with me banging against walls on every single corner, I gently reminded her:

Screenshot_20190619-224510.png

Now in 150cc, I had a chance to back up my talk. Either I'm a whiner making excuses for being terrible... or 150cc is the true game we should all be playing, and I could prove it. In the first race, I came in 1st and she seemed mildly surprised:

Screenshot_20190619-224523.png

But Mario Kart is not a game of skill, it is a game of luck. One red shell, one blue shell, one badly timed lightning bolt, and your high flying bullshit will come crashing down to the Earth, ghost face. I could hear her shouting it at me over the internet. But then I came in 1st on the second race, too:

Screenshot_20190619-224535.png

We played four full Grand Prix, for a total of 16 races, and I finished 1st in roughly 12 of them (and 2nd in the rest), winning all four Prix by a mile.

Screenshot_20190619-224554.png

Tomorrow at work she's gonna eat at least a little bit of crow. I'll be gracious in victory, but after the last week there will be some crow.

I'm so out of touch I didn't even know there was a 200cc mode. Excellent work holding on to the wins for us old guys!

I thought I was alone in thinking 200cc was BS. Every single time I get a boost I go flying off the damn course. SOOOO frustrating. I thought maybe I was just terrible...

Everybody on YouTube is pumping out Mario Maker 2 content. It's fun to watch. Some of it. Like this!

Well, this seems like a not bad idea, and would be a good thing if I end up getting rid of my van and it's integrated DVD player for long car rides so the kids don't have to take turns. Wonder if you can still link them up for co-op play?

https://techcrunch.com/2019/07/10/ni...is-a-good-one/

EDIT: it can

I'm the opposite from the dude in the article. I'm using my switch on the TV 99% of the time. It comes from having 3 kids I think, whenever I try to play it handheld they always want to watch and can never all see at the same time and have to start fighting and saying "PLEASE PLAY IT ON THE TV DADDY!"

I have my Switch docked 90+ percent of the time too. But critics are "decrying" this new version? Always have the option of not buying it, right?

Wow. I actually felt jubilation when he finally beat it. crapped myself.