Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Swiitch

Super Bowl commercial. They could have shown more games, but they're probably focusing on the launch lineup. Which is like three games.

Is the only way to get this by pre-ordering? I've waited in the cold for the last two Nintendo Systems and it feels like my thing. I don't want them to take away my thing. Why must they fuck with my thing?

Well, I assume they'll be on store shelves at some point, and that people will line up to buy them when they find out what day it is. But I don't know whether that day will be the same day as the "release date" they've been advertising.

You'll have to forgive them for fucking with your thing. They probably didn't realize it was your thing. I know I didn't. In fact it sounds like you only discovered it just now yourself. But still, #stopfuckingwithdrewbiesthing2017

The last time I ate anything from McDonald's was the morning the Wii came out. Deso and I were in line and I ran over when they opened to get us breakfast.

Does that not show you the impact and severity of my thing? I mean, do you have a thing you remember so vividly? You're damned right #stopfuckingwithdrewbiesthing2017

Oh god, what I posted above was the "extended cut" of the commercial. The 30 second version, which is what I assume they'll actually air on the Super Bowl, reads like a goddamn Zelda ad.

ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA ZELDA nintendo switch RATED E FOR EVERYONE ZELDA

I can't tell whether this is a good ad or not. I feel like the cut-down version doesn't emphasize the fact that this is a new console enough, and Nintendo's taking their biggest advertising opportunity and using it to shoot themselves in the foot, Wii U style, again.

Huh, the cases appear to have an interesting profile. They're not CD/DVD/Blu-Ray cases. Makes sense, with the new cartridges. But they're not DS/3DS size either.

Seems to me that Nontando must have released the Switch this early in the year explicitly to shake out all the bugs and design faults, so they can have a major firmware update and (perhaps) a minor hardware revision ready to go for the holiday season, while still satisfying the megafans who buy everything immediately.

I'll wait for November/December regardless, since supply issues may have sorted themselves out and there will be more games available at that point (see also Mario Odyssey). But if I also get a patched up version of BOTW that runs a little more smoothly, or a physical dock that has a couple felt pads to avoid scratching the screen, then I'll consider it a major bonus.

I... like these characters. I hope there's more to the game than 1v1 battles, though. Works fine for Street Fighter, so maybe I'm up my own ass, but some kind of adventure/campaign mode would be cool too.

EDIT: Hey, the weapon and stage selection show quite a bit more variety. Still just 1v1 stuff, but it looks more interesting.

Last edited by Macheath; 03-20-2017 at 10:55 PM.

There are supposedly Switches at Target everywhere today, and there's a Target 3 blocks from my house. I'm trying to convince myself to/not to drive over and check.

Oh dear Christ the finale