Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLADE RUNNER

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Jesus Christ, how do I even know you people?

This is like not having seen Alien.

Here's your viewing guide for Blade Runner: watch anything but the Theatrical Edition. Director's Cut, Final Cut, Extended Cut, Ridley Scott Cut, whatever. Just not the Theatrical Edition, which is only good for a historical perspective on why people hated the movie when it came out (they added cheesy voice-overs and stuff).
    Ah, maybe I saw the theatrical cut twice. Hmm. Perhaps I should give it another chance with one of the other cuts.

I remember watching the director's cut of the Abyss and really liking it. Then someone explained to me the scenes they cut out for the theatrical release and I gasped saying, "but then the movie wouldn't make any sense!" to which he replied, "yep."
    - Definitely

One of the most controversial theatrical cuts ever, a perfect study of the "meddling studio" problem.

I don't know when this "a trailer for the trailer on the front of the trailer" trend started, but it's stupid and I blame Twitter.

So, I watched the Final Cut version of this for the first time last night. Not a bad movie at all, but I can't say it blew my mind by any means. I get what Mac was saying about it feeling like a real future with things dirty and kinda shitty so more believable. Made me think of the future from 5th Element, which has many similarities to this in plot now that I think of it. Good flick, but can't say I've got a boner for the sequel or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    can't say I've got a boner
    It's like I don't even know you.

Did anybody else see Bald Ruiner 2049? I loved it. It was so good man. Also, check this out.

I keep meaning to rewatch this movie, I have it on BlooRay and it's just sitting there. Oh well, for now this is pretty fun too:

I love this guy's art:

https://candykiller.bigcartel.com/

The Blade Runner ones are nice, but I've always especially liked the Alien poster. I'd hang that shit up.