Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump and his Trumpalites

President Trump and his Trumpalites

I feel it's time to retire our 2016 Presidential Debacle thread. May we all remember 2016 as the year that killed David Bowie and gave us President Trump.

"Any negative polls are fake news," said Donald Trump on Twitter, at 4:01 AM.

"I call my own shots," said Donald Trump on Twitter, at 4:07 AM. Probably after seeing this image for the first time.

Discrediting the judicial system, first step toward autocracy? Forget that, he's on step 27 or more by now.

One thing I do like about President-Pro-Tweetore Trump is that his barrage of twitter diarrhea is met with the same "u fuckin idiot" replies anybody else would get. The internet doesn't see color, including orange. But it does see black and brown, because it is very racist.

I fear the power of influence over idiots. It seems that if he says stupid shit enough times people start parroting it back as if it were real.

For example I posted a thing on FB about how voter fraud is not a problem, then my stupid sister in law commented something like, "I remember hearing about voter fraud once, maybe a couple times, like I think it happened somewhere by a couple people, but I can't remember." Of course she just saw the words "voter fraud" and then commented with her wrong string of consciousness babble.

So in her mind "voter fraud" is a thing that exists and she's probably happy that Cheeto-Hitler is looking into it so we can finally resolve this issue. This is the power of screaming nonsense into the void.

That's basically what he's doing already, yeah. Has been for months. He alleges voter fraud with zero evidence. The agencies responsible for that sort of thing are insulted, but willing to work with him when he demands an investigation. They ask what evidence he has, he produces none. Instead just repeats the words "voter fraud" in another Tweet, keeping it in the public's collective brainspace.

He can probably do the same thing with Muslims, Mexicans, Chinese nukes, California secession, anything he feels like implying without concrete data points.

You let yourself get used to a President who confines himself to reality, more fool you.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Times
    ... for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.
    link

I would like to see SNL bring Rosie O'Donnell on for a guest appearance as Melania Trump.

This bears posting (perhaps again- I forgot)... https://medium.com/the-coffeelicious...8f3#.kzy2kmdsu

IE take breaks from the madness otherwise your brain will normalize it to cope and then you'll start to see Trump as normal (*gag*).

Perhaps this is why so many Fox-binge-watching republicans have no problem with Trump. They've been constantly outraged by the "Wars". Xmas, religion, coal, white people- you name it, Fox has a banner and loud lead-in for it. So to them Trump is normal and all "the left" are the crazy out of control america hating people that would be fine if this country burned.

But don't take my word for it on that last bit- my mother-in-law basically said as much... many times... on FB. I'd be so embarrassed if she wasn't doing it every day.

Fuck... I just realized I normalized it!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I would like to see SNL bring Rosie O'Donnell on for a guest appearance as Melania Trump.
    Disagree, unless she starts talking publicly and deserving ridicule that is rude.

I just think Trump would be incandescent with rage. But you're right. They should bring in Rosie O'Donnell to play some sort of Donald Trump alter-ego, standing over Alec Baldwin's shoulder and giving advice.