Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: President Trump and his Trumpalites

Pelosi is holding the articles of impeachment indefinitely, not just sending them directly to the Senate where they'd be immediately voted against (and Trump acquitted).

The GOP wants that acquittal, but they can't hold the unfair/fixed vote they've already publicly promised until they get the articles from the House. So it's a good move.

He'll get acquitted regardless, but Pelosi can at least wait for some fair(er) rules to be agreed upon. Like maybe some of the damaging witnesses Trump wouldn't allow into the hearings (Bolton, Mulvaney, et al).

But even if she holds those articles forever, Trump has been impeached (but not removed). That result won't get any better, so might as well hold out for some extra embarrassment.

Could Evangelicals finally be realizing Trump is NOT a Christian? https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...om-office.html

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Could Evangelicals finally be realizing Trump is NOT a Christian? https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct...om-office.html
    Nope. The usual suspects are circling the wagons.

I've been a subscriber to Christianity Today and am very proud of that editorial. But it won't do much to sway evangelical voters, I'm afraid.
    - Definitely

You know, with the whole Space Force thing, Trump might be playing 4-D chess after all!

I wish the House had waited a little longer on writing up their articles of impeachment. So much more evidence could have come to light (Lev Parnas) and so many more people could have been subpoena'd (John Bolton).

Yes, Bolton said he wouldn't talk to the House, Trump said he'd block the House from calling more witnesses, but issue the subpoena(s) and let it play out. At least get it on the record. You really thought any of this would happen in the Senate? It's too late to ask for more witnesses now, Mitch doesn't want them.

Half the GOP senators walked out (which they're not supposed to do, at all) during Adam Schiff's presentation yesterday. Imagine being a trial juror and skipping the prosecution's case.

This article makes me wonder if we'll have a supreme court case if they don't allow the calling of witnesses or if this turns into any more of a sham than it clearly appears to be right now.

Wow, just caught this video of Schiff's closing speech. Really good, he's a great speaker. It won't matter at all. But he'll make it into some documentaries and a history book or two.

This guy spends all day tweeting fire about Trump:

https://twitter.com/itsJeffTiedrich

thank god we elected the guy who sits down to dinner with two blabbermouth Russian gangsters and allows himself to be secretly recorded, and not the lady who was careless with three emails, because holy fucking shit that would have been a national fucking security nightmare
    hey MAGA morons: Hunter Biden could be guilty as fuck, it's still a crime to use the office of the presidency to inflict some greasy two-bit shakedown on a foreign country and that's why the fluorescent tangerine imbecile you mistake for a president got his criminal ass impeached
    I have to admit that I did not have "World War Six" on my Donald Trump Batshittery Bingo card
    I wish I had his energy.

Gotta read past the headline:

Oh my gosh! Wow! Wait, does that say "Local?"

Quote Originally Posted by Newsweek
    Ed Adams resigned from his position as a local precinct committeeman for the 18-02 precinct in the Irvington neighborhood of Marion County.

who the fuck cares

So obviously you know Nancy Pelosi (prominently) tore up her copy of Trump's SOTU speech. On live television, while he was still soaking up GOP applause.

And you probably know there's been a great deal of pearl-clutching from Republicans like Matt Gaetz about it.

This is basically my feeling on the topic:
    Attached Images Attached Images