Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 LastLast

Thread: President Trump and his Trumpalites

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Here's a series of beautiful tweets for you.
    Classic photo op - him signing blank sheets of paper.

He's relentless in pursuing his own interests, which in this case is campaigning for his reelection.
    Last edited by RainMan; 10-04-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    - Definitely

I just learned the coolest little tidbit about Amy Coney Barrett did you know she's in a religious cult

https://msmagazine.com/2020/09/26/am...nder-equality/
    https://mirrorofjustice.blogs.com/mi...ic-lawyer.html

She said that we should always remember that a “legal career is but a means to an end . . . and that end is building the Kingdom of God.”
    Very solid choice for a lifetime appointment to a non-religious, non-political judicial body

I just learned the coolest little tidbit about Amy Coney Barrett did you know she's in a religious cult
    It's not a cult.

I'm as sickened by the hypocrisy of McConnell and the GOP, and as fearful of a GOP packed court as anyone, but this is an unfair characterization.

Like most, I had never heard of "People of Praise" before this nomination, so I did some research. From every non-axe-grinding source I could find all I saw was that People of Praise are an ecumenical group which pledges to help each other. You're free to leave at any time. They don't preach anything crazy (unless you're an atheist in which case anything religious is crazy).

From all accounts she's capable of separating her personal beliefs from her legal decisions.

I mean, any pick from the GOP, and especially this administration, is going to be very very conservative. But it's hard to argue she's not qualified. And as far as I've been able to find, calling PoP a "cult" simply isn't accurate.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    (unless you're an atheist in which case anything religious is crazy)
    Bingoooo. Fuck Amy Coney Barrett and her weird shit.

Christianity not Christian enough for you? Start a cult! sect! parachurch apostate?

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    From all accounts she's capable of separating her personal beliefs from her legal decisions.
    I sure don't look forward to finding out whether Roe v. Wade is "settled law" or not next year, when the Moral Majority has an unimpeachable 6-3 lead over the actual majority.

Trump's little Twitter video last night was so weird.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...16272556908544

The wolves in sheep's clothing over at Lincoln Project noticed too.

Trump's little Twitter video last night was so weird.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...16272556908544

The wolves in sheep's clothing over at Lincoln Project noticed too.
    I loved this comment someone made:

1. See doctors in your in-home medical center ��
    2. If needed, board the helicopter out back ��
    3. Fly to the best hospital in the country ��*⚕️ ��*⚕️
    4. Take the best therapeutics $750 in federal taxes can buy ��
    - Definitely

I'm disappointed in a few aspects of Kamala Harris' debate performance tonight.

Firstly, she was clearly coached to goad Pence into interrupting her, and she tried way too hard to make it happen. She'd say "excuse me Mr. Vice President but I'm talking right now" and then just smile at him. And he'd be quiet. And she'd just keep smiling indulgently, patiently, boggling her eyes melodramatically and waiting for him to allow her to continue when he had already shut up. She just looked like a moron. It was her strategy to call attention to his interruptions, and make him look as bad a Trump. He made himself look bad, she didn't need to work so hard on it. Just focus on delivering your answers, lady.

And speaking of those answers, number two... one of these two fuck-knuckles has got to come up with a direct goddamn answer to the "packing the supreme court" question. Like, how about, literally off the top of my head:

it's a strategy some progressives have started talking about, but I couldn't possibly weigh in on whether it's feasible or preferable because this is a hypothetical on top of a hypothetical. IF amy coney barrett is confirmed, and IF congress becomes overwhelmingly democratic, and IF biden wins the election, and IF we're presented with a bill to expand the supreme court, THEN what will my opinion be on packing the court? give me a break. I'll answer that when it becomes relevant and I can consider the real-world facts. for now, how about we just talk about moscow mitch ramming ACB through after blocking merrick garland for a full year during obama's presidency? do I support that? no, I don't.
    Even if it's a non-answer, at least it addresses the question instead of "heh, well, uh, heh" and changing the topic until your time runs out.

I saw that.... completely jaw-dropping.