Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: President Trump and his Trumpalites

That is an old school flame of the first order.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Even if it's a non-answer, at least it addresses the question instead of "heh, well, uh, heh" and changing the topic until your time runs out.
    Biden's playing it cagey answering that question. That's a big mistake. It make him look.........McConnell-like.
    - Definitely

Whatever gloves The Lincoln Project was wearing are off now:
    - Definitely

Hahahahah what in the fuck is this

https://twitter.com/stevemorris__/st...15904131895296

I watched the larger context of that comment. The point he was trying very clumsily to make is that in South Carolina politics it doesn't matter what race you are it only matters that you're conservative.

https://www.newsweek.com/lindsey-gra...rrison-1538026

(relevant part starts at 39:58)

It makes for a lousy sound bite, though.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    I watched the larger context of that comment. The point he was trying very clumsily to make is that in South Carolina politics it doesn't matter what race you are it only matters that you're conservative.
    That's... exactly the point I took from the shorter "out of context" clip, though?

The question was about cops, systemic racism, and BLM.

His answer was: you can go outdoors and be safe, as long as you share our political views!

Even if he was getting off track and mashing topics together in his fucked up brain, and didn't mean to say anything about violence -- even if what he meant to say was, "I care about everyone in our state, as long as they're conservative and not liberal" -- that's still super shitty. These people can't get it through their thick skulls that they govern, and are responsible for the safety of, every citizen. Not just the ones who voted for them.

That's... exactly the point I took from the shorter "out of context" clip, though?
    I don't think that's the meaning all the outrage is about.

Even if he was getting off track and mashing topics together in his fucked up brain, and didn't mean to say anything about violence -- even if what he meant to say was, "I care about everyone in our state, as long as they're conservative and not liberal" -- that's still super shitty. These people can't get it through their thick skulls that they govern, and are responsible for the safety of, every citizen. Not just the ones who voted for them.
    His point, I think, was you can rise as high as you want in SC politics, no matter your race, etc., as long as you're conservative. Stupid, but not as bad as what you're saying he's saying.
    - Definitely

On a lighter note:

- Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    His point, I think, was you can rise as high as you want in SC politics, no matter your race, etc., as long as you're conservative. Stupid, but not as bad as what you're saying he's saying.
    Man, I just can't get that out of his words. I listened to it again, it starts at about 42 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K39Emjp4wJ0&t=42m

He gives such a long, rambling answer. He does mention minorities getting jobs in government at one point (which is not what the question was about), but he meanders away from that topic in four different directions before arriving at the money quote. You're giving him the most favorable interpretation possible, I think. Maybe that's what he meant. I honestly have no clue.

EDIT: He also says Tim Scott is "the only African-American Republican in the country." So, I'm gonna vote word salad here and just stop thinking about Lindsey Graham for the rest of my life.
    Last edited by Macheath; 10-11-2020 at 01:45 AM.

You're giving him the most favorable interpretation possible, I think. Maybe that's what he meant. I honestly have no clue.
    Perhaps, but anything else is so blatantly racist that I can't imagine an experienced politician like Graham actually meaning to say it on camera. Maybe I'm being naive.

EDIT: He also says Tim Scott is "the only African-American Republican in the country." So, I'm gonna vote word salad here and just stop thinking about Lindsey Graham for the rest of my life.
    Probably the best course of action. Thinking about Lindsey Graham too much costs me IQ points I can't spare.
    - Definitely