Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump and his Trumpalites

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I just think Trump would be incandescent with rage. But you're right. They should bring in Rosie O'Donnell to play some sort of Donald Trump alter-ego, standing over Alec Baldwin's shoulder and giving advice.
    Steve Bannon? .. Oh boy are we behind the times.

Now that I would watch and laugh with delight.

I like that idea too, but they portrayed Bannon as the Grim Reaper this past weekend, so I figured they'd keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Disagree, unless she starts talking publicly and deserving ridicule that is rude.
    Umm... she talked publicly plenty during the campaign- granted some of that was recycling other people's speeches without giving credit (hey-o!). And whether she opens her mouth where you can hear it or not- being subject to scrutiny is part of the gig. (like the millions of $$ it is going to cost for security so she and her son can still live in NY)

We're not talking about an ex-wife here, or a child, or a mother who lives in Kansas. She's the First Lady as much as she seems to be trying to avoid acting like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Threnn View Post
    ... She's the First Lady as much as she seems to be trying to avoid acting like it.
    She's acting like it! Even as we discuss this she's planning on cashing in on lucrative deals selling her First Lady status.

I don't see the big deal... I still use my Michelle Obama arm weight set, and have fond memories of mom frying up southern comfort food in our Rosalynn Carter Deep Fryer (TM).

Side note from Wikipedia:

Over the course of the 20th century it became increasingly common for first ladies to select specific causes to promote, usually ones that are not politically divisive. It is common for the First Lady to hire a staff to support these activities. Lady Bird Johnson pioneered environmental protection and beautification.[12] Pat Nixon encouraged volunteerism and traveled extensively abroad; Betty Ford supported women's rights; Rosalynn Carter aided those with mental disabilities; Nancy Reagan founded the Just Say No drug awareness campaign; Barbara Bush promoted literacy; Hillary Clinton sought to reform the healthcare system in the U.S.; Laura Bush supported women's rights groups, and encouraged childhood literacy.[7] Michelle Obama has become identified with supporting military families and tackling childhood obesity.[13]
    ... and Melania will focus on enriching herself through branding products as the first lady.

What's next? My prediction:
    Continuing efforts to roll back policies enacted under Obama, Trump tells NASA to bring Curiosity rover back to Earth to align it with the new administration.

That would be great, at least then NASA would go back to Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Just saw another good idea on reddit: Rebel Wilson as Ivanka.