Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: President Trump and his Trumpalites

Apparently Mitt Romney asked the Lincoln Project to "tone it down," and this was their response:

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Wellman, senior advisor for veterans affairs at The Lincoln Project
    "I respect Mitt Romney and his appeal to civility. I look forward to a day when we can all do that.

"However, we can't have any illusions that Donald Trump will do so himself. In fact, he has ratcheted up his pushing of conspiracy theories, disreputable attacks on Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, and encouraging efforts to undermine the election. Asking organizations to stop their attacks on Trump while he continues his abominable behavior is a call to surrender.

"We must continue to show the nation who Donald Trump really is and the horrors he has inflicted on this country for the last four years. If civility in politics is what Mr. Romney and his colleagues want then they should help us rid the White House of Donald Trump, not tell us to accept his disgusting behavior.

"The high road won't work when your opponent is digging a massive hole right through the middle of the mountain underneath you."
    Reasonable!

Guthrie: "QAnon is this theory that Democrats are a Satanic pedophile ring and that you are the savior of that. Can you, just once and for all, state that is completely not true and disavow QAnon in it's entirety?"

Trump: "I know nothing about QAnon. I know very little about it... I do know they are very much against pedophilia, they fight it very hard, but I know nothing about it."

Guthrie: "They believe it is a Satanic cult run by the deep state."

Trump: "I'll tell you what I do know about. I know about Antifa and I know about the Radical Left, and I know how violent they are and how viscious they are... Can I be honest? I just don't know about QAnon."

Guthrie: "You do know."

Trump: "I don't know. No, I don't know... Let me just tell you, what I do hear about it, is they are very strongly against pedophilia and I agree with that. I mean, I do agree with that, and I agree with that strongly."

Guthrie: "Okay, but there is not a Satanic pedophile cult lead by the deep state?"

Trump: "I don't know that."

Guthrie: "You don't know that?!"

Trump: "No, I don't know that. And neither do you."
    Dude's really careful not to make any assumptions when it comes to conspiracy theories!

Meanwhile, in the same universe:

Guthrie: "You retweeted, to your 87 million followers, a conspiracy theory that Joe Biden orchestrated to have Seal Team Six killed to cover up the fake death of Bin Laden. Why would you--"

Trump: "That was a retweet. That was an opinion of somebody and that was a retweet. I'll put it out there. People can decide for themselves. I don't take a position."

Guthrie: "I don't get that. You're the president. You're not someone's crazy uncle who can just retweet whatever."

Trump: "Frankly, because the media is so fake, if I didn't have social media -- I don't call it Twitter, I call it social media -- I wouldn't be able to get the word out."

Guthrie: "But the word is false."
    Hmm, actually, he's consistent. He just believes all conspiracy theories about opponents.

Tonight's dual town halls were a lot to unpack. There's gonna be a ton of highlights in the next day or two.

Good video (though I'll admit I have a soft spot for somber banjo music):

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/s...59641931943936

I wish I could vote in South Carolina.