Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Improvement

I'm doing some quick changes all over my house for reasons that should be apparent to anyone who is paying attention at all to my life. Started with new counter tops that were picked out and ordered before things went to hell, then I repainted the kitchen and did a tile backsplash. Now I'm repainting the master bedroom, buying a new bed (went with Tuft & Needle), then pulling up the carpet to have the original hardwood floors in there again. I'm gonna pull back the carpet to get a sense for their condition before I commit to ripping them entirely out. I've got hardwood in all the bedrooms upstairs and under the living room floor, up to an 8' addition they added at some point. I will someday have that last bit patched in with wood and redo that whole room, but that's outside the budget I'm trying to commit to for now.

I'm giving my dresser set to my kids and swapping for theirs to get to a more uniform dark wood in there. I've got a pretty uniform color scheme in the living room too. Bit more modern, which isn't historically the direction I'd take, but it feels right now.

My upstairs bathroom is on the list too. Thinking I might just be able to get away with new tiles on the floor and pulling the tiles off the walls and going back to sheetrock, then either doing a surround for the current tub or at least new tiles there. Gonna figure out the cost there and see if I can pull it off.

Wow, that sounds like a lot of work. I don't think I would have the energy for all that.

I have spare time on my hands and some anger that needs a healthy outlet. This takes that energy and makes it constructive.

I think you should open up the pool and fill it!

No lie, I have thought about it.

Always happy to encourage my friends to take on ill advised projects! When do you want me to show up with crowbars, hammers, and shovels?

Shovels?

I got nothing. I'm drunk.

I vote for opening the pool and starting up a jello wrestling league.

This idea has merit, at some point he may want to meet new women.