Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix originals

"Fucks Given? Nun."

Decent reviews and a 7.4 user score, I'll check out an episode or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    The first few episodes were somewhat sleep-inducing
    Oh, errr, well, I'll take a crack and we'll see how it goes.

I watched it through. Pretty fun mythology, little unbalanced when humans fight immortals, but it still plays. 8 of 10

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    I watched it through. Pretty fun mythology, little unbalanced when humans fight immortals, but it still plays. 8 of 10
    I watched two episodes last night, and you won't believe me but I kept thinking to myself, "Nynny would really love this, it's basically Constantine if it was made by The CW"

You know me so well!

Em and I watched it all. I made fun of it hardcore for the first few episodes. Then I kinda got hooked into the story after a few. Not sure I would give it a 8-10 but its a solid 6.

maybe a 7 right now while there is very little great TV coming out of studios.

Watched a few more episodes tonight. The first 5-10 and last 5-10 minutes of each episode are pretty great. But the middle 30 minutes are usually boring as hell.

I just sat through episode 5, and the Twilight-quality romance stretched on, and on, and on... then the last 7 minutes were great, and almost propelled me straight into episode 6 (but I'm resisting, because it's well after midnight).

It's just a tough show to figure out. Needs more Constantine, less The CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    It's just a tough show to figure out. Needs more Constantine, less The CW.
    Agreed. It gets better. Hang in there.
    - Definitely

I just started watching The Haunting of Bly Manor, which is... well, I'm not totally clear on the arrangement here, but it's basically a second season in the "The Haunting of Hill House anthology series" (for lack of a better term) by the same people, starring many of the same actors, but a different story and so forth.

These guys are good at haunted-house-chock-full-of-ghosts. Do not recommend watching right before bed.

My wife and I watched the first season of Ratched and it was pretty damn good. It's a very weird and unsettling show and I was not sure watching the first episode or two if I really liked it, but I was absolutely hooked by the end.

Also, sitcoms don't really seem to be anybody's cup of tea around here, but Kim's Convenience is a really good family sitcom about a Korean family in Canada.

Also, while we're on the subject, I'm Sorry is also a very good sitcom. Based on the imdb reviews, if you're sexist and think "women can't be funny" you're going to hate this show.

Administrator
    I just finished Bly Manor last night. My wife, of course, always walks into the room right as somebody is being choked to death and then complains "WHY DO YOU ALWAYS WATCH THIS STUFF RIGHT BEFORE BED!!". I never watched the Hill House series, so i'm starting that next.

Ratched was awesome, everything about it. the mood and set design were fucking phenomenal. It's essentially a prequel to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

the Scandinavian show Ragnarok was also really good