Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Netflix originals

I'm trying to grind my way through Bly Manor, but man, the more you learn about these ghosts, the less interesting they are.

I loved the story of Viola, in episode 8. It was a good, old-fashioned, self-contained ghost story.

Uncle Henry and his alter-ego sadness demon? was a decent yarn too.

A lot of the rest of the series drags on, though. I didn't need four hours worth of material on Peter & Ms. Jessel, Owen & Ms. Grose, all popping back and forth in time between dreams and reality, because that's how ghosts do. I get it, they're all dead and everyone's sad about things. Just a little of that would have been fine, but they repeated what felt like the same plot revelations two or three times. By the end of the series, I didn't feel like I knew these characters so much as I'd been bludgeoned with them.

And at the end of things, the framing device of Carla Gugino and a crowd of randos was awkward. One scene at the beginning and one scene at the end, just to drive home the cumbersome point that this was a love story, not a ghost story. I got that from the 9 hours between those two scenes, thanks... if you want a narrator, just have a narrator. Yeesh.

Oh man, now I gotta re-up my Netflix subscription and watch season one again!

One of my favorite pastimes during the pandemic (and even before) is going onto Youtube and deliberately jumping into a YouTube trap. I sometimes watch clips of shows I haven't watched in a long time.

Every single time I see a clip from Punisher I watch it.

Man that series rocked!
    - Definitely

HOLY SHIT TIME TO RE-UP MY SUB

Seriously though badass trailer.

I'm sure it'll be some YA semi-trash, but man what I'd give for this to be an adult-ass show. Face it, your audience is (as the trailer acknowledges) old as dirt. Just make the show for us.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT TIME TO RE-UP MY SUB

Masters of the Universe: Revelation is an upcoming American adult animated superhero fantasy streaming television series developed by Kevin Smith

I fucking love He-man and man, that shit right there gave me goosebumps!

I've watched the first 2 episodes of this and it's been pretty damn good. If Will Forte doesn't watch out he's going to get typecast as guy who survives the apocalypse.

I watched Bo Burnham's special Inside tonight, and it was great and I highly recommend it.

If you're not familiar with Bo Burnham, he's a YouTube comedian who made it big and became a real life comedian, he's recorded a couple specials. This one, he did more or less by himself, in a single room during the pandemic.

It's funny in a "haha now I'm very depressed" kind of way.

It's got a 100% on RT (94% audience score) and a 98 on Metacritic, so I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass here. It's beautiful, introspective, dark, funny, and very sad.

I've started watching an old series called Longmire.

It's about a sheriff in a small county in Wyoming. After a few episodes you'd think that this small county is deadlier than Detroit because there's a murder every episode, but the characters are strong and the plots are fun. Oh, and Starbuck is a deputy.

- Definitely

Longmire is one Netflix keeps throwing at me and I haven't bit yet. Similarly they've been hounding me with Lupin, which I just started and really like.