Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Netflix originals

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Longmire is one Netflix keeps throwing at me and I haven't bit yet. Similarly they've been hounding me with Lupin, which I just started and really like.
    They're throwing Lupin at me all the time too. Maybe I'll give it a try once I finish Longmire.
    - Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    They're throwing Lupin at me all the time too. Maybe I'll give it a try once I finish Longmire.
    It was fun. Now I'm reading the books from 1900 that it's based on. Also fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Amazon Prime has Good Omens. Just started watching, and the first 5 minutes feature David Tennant as a demon. Just try and get me not to binge this.
    Good Omens 2 coming ... some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I watched Bo Burnham's special Inside tonight, and it was great and I highly recommend it.

If you're not familiar with Bo Burnham, he's a YouTube comedian who made it big and became a real life comedian, he's recorded a couple specials. This one, he did more or less by himself, in a single room during the pandemic.

It's funny in a "haha now I'm very depressed" kind of way.

It's got a 100% on RT (94% audience score) and a 98 on Metacritic, so I'm not just blowing smoke up your ass here. It's beautiful, introspective, dark, funny, and very sad.
    Finally got around to seeing this. It was great and I did feel pretty depressed for the rest of the day after I finished it.

Anyone still watching Cobra Kai? I'm somewhere in season three and all I can think is these poor children have AWFUL role models. The damn adults are terrible people, teaching the kids to be just as horrible. And yet there is some car accident quality that makes me keep watching.

I cancelled my Netflix sub a few months ago, but I'll probably need to pick it back up again some time soon. I keep hearing about Cobra Kai, and I wanna watch the new He-Man abomination everyone's whining about.

I have watched the first episode of Cobra Kai season 3 AND Masters of the Universe 2021. I agree about Cobra Kai, the adults in that show are fucking ridiculous. He Man is so beautifully puntastic I love it.

Administrator
    the new series "Brand New Cherry Flavor" is also pretty great

Just finished Midnight Mass and man, I think it's so good. Same guy who made the Hauntings (various) of Hill House and/or Bly Manor, similar in tone, a lot of the same actors.

For me personally though, I think it was his best yet. At 7 episodes, it's the perfect length; ramps up at the right speed, hits its stride, escalates through several different revelations to a satisfying conclusion. I could see some people being turned off by the sheer number of lengthy monologues, but I was into it.

I don't wanna spoil anything. I know I'm surrounded by a bunch of horror hating scaredy-boys here, but if anybody's looking for something vaguely unsettling with a lot of drama and some serious personal stories to tell, it's worth checking out.

I've been watching the live action Cowboy Bebop with my wife and I've really been enjoying it. I'm sure there's a million criticisms that you can throw at it but I'm legitimately enjoying the hell out of it despite its flaws.

The remake seems terrified that you won't understand the Spike/Vicious backstory and smacks you in the face with it every 4 seconds so that you won't ever have to think "Who is that creepy guy?" or "What's the deal with Spike?". I don't care, I still love it