Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Netflix originals

Speaking of action thrillers which rely on an "invincibility/immortality" plot device, I just watched the first season of this:

The first few episodes were somewhat sleep-inducing, but after that it gets going and it's pretty fun.
    - Definitely

"Fucks Given? Nun."

Decent reviews and a 7.4 user score, I'll check out an episode or two.

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    The first few episodes were somewhat sleep-inducing
    Oh, errr, well, I'll take a crack and we'll see how it goes.

I watched it through. Pretty fun mythology, little unbalanced when humans fight immortals, but it still plays. 8 of 10

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    I watched it through. Pretty fun mythology, little unbalanced when humans fight immortals, but it still plays. 8 of 10
    I watched two episodes last night, and you won't believe me but I kept thinking to myself, "Nynny would really love this, it's basically Constantine if it was made by The CW"

You know me so well!

Em and I watched it all. I made fun of it hardcore for the first few episodes. Then I kinda got hooked into the story after a few. Not sure I would give it a 8-10 but its a solid 6.

maybe a 7 right now while there is very little great TV coming out of studios.

Watched a few more episodes tonight. The first 5-10 and last 5-10 minutes of each episode are pretty great. But the middle 30 minutes are usually boring as hell.

I just sat through episode 5, and the Twilight-quality romance stretched on, and on, and on... then the last 7 minutes were great, and almost propelled me straight into episode 6 (but I'm resisting, because it's well after midnight).

It's just a tough show to figure out. Needs more Constantine, less The CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    It's just a tough show to figure out. Needs more Constantine, less The CW.
    Agreed. It gets better. Hang in there.
    - Definitely

I just started watching The Haunting of Bly Manor, which is... well, I'm not totally clear on the arrangement here, but it's basically a second season in the "The Haunting of Hill House anthology series" (for lack of a better term) by the same people, starring many of the same actors, but a different story and so forth.

These guys are good at haunted-house-chock-full-of-ghosts. Do not recommend watching right before bed.

My wife and I watched the first season of Ratched and it was pretty damn good. It's a very weird and unsettling show and I was not sure watching the first episode or two if I really liked it, but I was absolutely hooked by the end.

Also, sitcoms don't really seem to be anybody's cup of tea around here, but Kim's Convenience is a really good family sitcom about a Korean family in Canada.

Also, while we're on the subject, I'm Sorry is also a very good sitcom. Based on the imdb reviews, if you're sexist and think "women can't be funny" you're going to hate this show.