Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Netflix originals

Good Omens was a beautiful love story. <3

Yeah pretty much.

I loved the first 3 episodes. Kinda fell off for the last 3, though. Something about the directing, acting, effects... not really sure... but it started to feel exactly like a big Doctor Who episode. And that's cool, I'm into Doctor Who sometimes, but it's not the tone I felt like the first 3 episodes were setting up.

I can see how it might not be some people's thing but I've really been enjoying James Acaster: Repertoire on Netflix. It's 4 1 hour comedy specials by James Acaster, a British comedian. A lot of it is ridiculous non-sense but I'm loving it and maybe you will too. Do the tooth's teeth have teeth too?!?

Oh, I also recently watched Oh Hello, on Broadway. It's Nick Kroll and John Mulaney pretending to be old men and acting in a very bad play. I love John Mulaney's standup and I've never been a big fan of Nick Kroll but they just work so well together. I think I came out of it with Nick Kroll as my favorite out of the two. I highly recommend it.

I'm watching Barry on HBO, and the first couple episodes really didn't grab me. But man, I stuck with it after taking a couple days off, and I'm so glad. Episode 7 now, and Bill Hader is knocking it way out of the park.

Well, I blasted straight through both seasons of Barry. I recommend muchly! First 2-3 episodes, "eh." But it ramps up from there.

It's got such a weird tone, I can't think of anything else like it. It's as serious as Breaking Bad, but also a comedy. I love and hate all the characters, they're well written and well acted, they feel like real people. Even Henry Winkler is given a lot more to do than usual. At first I thought it was just Henry "Barry Zuckerkorn" Winkler from Arrested Development again, but no: he's given a lot of meat in Barry, and he delivers. Everyone delivers.

Bill Hader writes, directs, and stars... so I've got a new appreciation for that dude. He's got something to say, and he's saying it.

Best "dark comedy" I've ever seen, probably?

I love Barry. I love Anthony Carrigan. He was great as Victor Zsasz on Gotham (yes it's terrible, yes I watched every damn episode).
    Last edited by Gnorlin; 11-10-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    ... Gotham (yes it's terrible, yes I watched every damn episode).
    Right there with ya big guy. Stupid stupid show.