Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deals Thread

The Deals Thread

I didn't see one open so here is one to get started.

source

Dewalt is known as one of the best brand names in power tools. Unfortunately, the best is generally expensive, and Dewalt is no exception. Fortunately, you can Save up to 50% off Dewalt Power Tools right now at Amazon.com.

All kinds of items are on sale including lithium ion drill kits, cordless screwdrivers, circular saws, small angle grinders, job site table saws, reciprocating saws, extra battery packs, replacement battery chargers, safety goggles, safety glasses, and more.

I've had an Optoma HD70 projector for about 3 1/2 years now and it's worked great. I'm on my second bulb which is nearing the end of it's life. I made a mistake and let a great deal of dust get into the room with the projector while working on my kitchen floor and since then I've had to take it down and clean it out about every 2 months or so. Still, once clean, it has worked very well.

With the need for a new $200 bulb looming and the issues with needing to clean it, today's http://deals.woot.com/sellout item was too hard to pass up. I've now got an HD180 1080p DLP projector with 1700 lumens (700 more than my current projector) on it's way to me. This may spur the purchase of a PS3 for use as a Blu-Ray player as well.

On that note, I've finally ordered a new laptop. I plan to upgrade every 2 years and my current HP laptop has served me well for 2+ years now so I've been looking for a decent replacement.

After trying both Dells and HPs for the last 10 years with mixed results, this time I wanted to try something else. NewEgg finally started selling this Asus N series model last week. The price was in range ($1k) and the specs were up from my current laptop (BD Drive, USB3, FullHD screen, 500gb drive, multi-touch touchpad, etc...) which is a pretty good deal. I will also get about $30 back through FatWallet which will drop the price to < $1k.

It should be here by the end of this week. I'm so excited

I'd love to get a projector for my next TV. Unfortunately, the place I bought doesn't have a very good wall for it anymore, now that I've put all the furniture where I want it. Oh well.

MOVE YOUR FURNITURE!!!!

DUH...

its all about the screen man. People can sit on the floor

The main room's also a little too bright.

you just need to get a bigger projector then...

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    The main room's also a little too bright.
    Watch at night! :101:

What if I want to watch at day?

WHAT THEN

That's not an option, you already said the room is too bright.