Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: The Deals Thread

Administrator
    hell yeah, i'd definitely pay a few hundred for an upgrade.

wait, what is "premium"? is that just like coach with extra leg room?

EDIT: nah, i just looked. it's looks like the same as Premium on Hawaiian Airlines which is a different section of seating, tons of leg room, massive seats, better food, better entertainment system (or at least the same but free), USB power, lounge access. Definitely worth the upgrade. I upgraded to HA premium on my flights to and from NZ last year and it was no doubt worth the extra money.

The #1 most important thing to me is leg room, and I'm already in an exit row, so I should have a couple extra inches. That said, your peer pressure has swayed me, and I've put in a weak bid to upgrade.

Uhhh, I've only ever used Adobe products to edit video/photos, but Vegas is a popular line of tools too, and Humble has the whole suite up for $20. That's like a solid grand worth of software. Hard... to pass up... even if I've never used Vegas. I mean, I could learn. There's gotta be a catch.

I need a new bed. I've had a traditional inner-spring mattress since forever, but I'm looking at all my options to replace it with something new. Had thought about a Sleep Number since the wife and I couldn't really ever agree on firmness, but that's not an issue to worry about anymore. That still might be the best way to go, but in looking at things like Tuft and Needle, or Casper, or Purple, etc. it seems there's many options that sleep as well as the more expensive Sleep Number beds, and perhaps even better.

I'm really not in a rush to get one as I still will have the guest bed after the old master bed leaves next week, but I'd like to get something sooner than later to start to create a bit of normalcy in my life again.

For reference, I'm typically a side-sleeper who likes a firm mattress as a general rule. In looking at Casper, they talk quite a bit about how much you sink it and it feels like the mattress is hugging you. I don't know how to feel about that.

We switched to a memory foam mattress from Costco (NovaForm Pure Comfort brand) in 2011 and been very happy since. It's firm but very comfortable and still feels as good as the first day we got it.

We went with Tuft & Needle back in January '17. I'm a side-sleeper and I like it. Takes a little bit to get used to the lack of bounce-back, but now that I'm used to it I doubt I'll ever go back to a spring mattress.

We have a memory foam from several years ago, can't remember the brand, but I like it. Memory foam is nice, I'd buy another. I sleep on my side too.

Who would have guessed that Prime Day would create heavy traffic for Amazon? :sarcasm:

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Who would have guessed that Prime Day would create heavy traffic for Amazon? :sarcasm:
    Not Amazon, apparently!

EDIT: The really fun part is, half the internet runs on Amazon hardware in AWS/EC2. We're seeing all kinds of weird outages and spikes in our systems today.
    Last edited by Macheath; 07-16-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Speaking of Prime Day, I've got a Paperwhite that I like a lot, but I thought to myself: "hey, presumably there's a discount on Amazon devices today, let's see how much it would be to upgrade to a Voyage!" Today's special discount on the Kindle Voyage is zero dollars and zero cents. Fuck off, Amazon.

This is a glorified garage sale where they unload their unmoveable warehouse detritus.