Thread: Fortnite

Fortnite

Ok, I'm shipping pretty hard on Fortnite lately, so I figured I'd give it a thread.

This week's weirdo mode (limited time game modes with sometimes weird concepts) is Fortnite: Endgame! That's right, you are randomly assigned to either the Avengers with all the weapons associated with that team (Cap's shield, Hawkeye's bow, Stormbreaker, Ironman's Repulsors) or Thanos's good squad. You drop on either side of the map as the Infinity stones fall from the sky and each team tries to gather them. One random player on the Thanos side becomes Thanos who is massively overpowered, but appears as a giant logo on the map so the Avengers come gunning for him.

It's pretty fun. I played it 3 times and ended up on Thanos's side each time, but won the last match. Gimmicky', but not unpleasant.

Shipping?

Fortnite is neat and I appreciate it on a notional level, particularly the balls they had in shamelessly eating PUBG's lunch. Unfortunately I'm bad at it.

Shipping:
    It's a term I'm likely using incorrectly where you're trying to force two people into a relationship. In this case, it'd be you guys and Fortnite. I can want it all I want; that doesn't mean it'll happen.

Oh. That's not quite the essence of shipping in a Tumblr sense. It does refer to forcing a relationship, mainly in a "head canon" or fanfiction context. Not something you're actively working to make happen in the real world. For example, "Tony and Steve are my favorite ship" or "Did you see that scene with Sandor and Beric? I ship it." Usually gay, usually fictional characters.

Source: two years spent with an obsessive gay-fanfiction writer.