Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Debacle 2020

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    I see Sanders as a gadfly, not as a president. He's good at giving speeches and putting questions forward, but he's not the guy I want answering the phone at 3am when some unforseen crisis suddenly arises.
    That's fair, and I always liked Sanders in his role as an agitator in the Senate. Probably the best (from a "3am" perspective) is Warren, in my opinion. I don't like her, but she's smart. Honestly wish we had Hillary.

But I'm still not voting for Bloomberg. If it comes down to him or Trump, I will, but I may also move to a house at the bottom of the ocean immediately after.

Biden's big win in SC, plus the Buttigieg/Klobuchar endorsements, have shoved him way out front in 538's projections. The latest polls put him well in the lead for the national race. The spat between Warren and Sanders has turned the progressive agenda into a pipe dream. Back to the senate with thee! Languish in obscurity until the day ye die!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Honestly wish we had Hillary.
    I agree 100%. And not just because she's not Trump. I actively supported her. I thought she was head and shoulders above the other candidates in the race. I would have thought so even if Biden ran too.
    - Definitely

The spat between Warren and Sanders has turned the progressive agenda into a pipe dream.
    I don't think so. Some of the ideas from the progressive agenda are here to stay. Also, if Bernie doesn't get the nomination he'll still have a buttload of delegates which will give him tons of power at the convention. I'll bet we'll see stuff like a higher minimum wage, free college, and some form of universal health care as part of the platform.
    - Definitely

Honestly wish we had Hillary.
    What changes by having her run again? Does her being cleared of all the stuff the e-mail stuff and Benghazi help her? Does anyone who didn't vote for her change their mind after 4 years?

My concern here is that the choice between Bernie and Biden is a pretty big divide. The way the DNC has coalesced around Biden right before yesterday won't do any favors with the Bernie backers. Now, the Bernie kids didn't show up in droves yesterday, so who's to say they'll show up in November either. I guess the youth movement doesn't get to have it's way until they actually show up to fight for it.

I don't want her to run again, I just want someone with her air of authority and competence in the race. The current crop of candidates drives home, for me, just how qualified Hillary was.

And yeah, the "youth movement" is lazy as fuck.

Tonight's debate was Sanders' last gasp of a chance of turning the race around. It was essentially a tie. Things are not looking good for Bernie on Tuesday:

Arizona: Biden 57.2%
    Florida: Biden 65.2%
    Illinois: Biden 59.0%
    Ohio: Biden 57.7%

Numbers from: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ent-primary-d/

I think Sanders' only chance now is to get in a time machine, travel back to March 3rd, and convince Bloomberg not to drop out of the race.
    - Definitely

Did I say it wasn't looking too good for Bernie? Wow. His chances rank below "Nobody" right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Definitely

All of them were behind "Nobody" for awhile. Those odds shifted a whole lot in the past 2-3 weeks. I'm legitimately curious to see if this outbreak moves the needle for Bernie or not. The media hates the guy and nobody gave him any positive coverage out of the debate, yet if your only news source was Reddit or the weird millennials on facebook that I'm friends with, then Biden had a stroke on stage and was propped up by handlers for most of the debate.