Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 53

Thread: Debacle 2020

  1. #41
    Darth Small Macheath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,642
    Yeah, that charts who's most likely to win a majority of delegates, not just "win." There were so many candidates a month ago, gaining more than a plurality was more or less impossible. Bernie was in the lead for a while, but duking it out with "Nobody" (AKA brokered convention) at the top.

    As more contests have happened and everyone has dropped out, it's become more obvious that Biden won't just have a plurality, but will have an actual majority.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cupertino, CA
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post

    You were hoping for Republican votes?
    It's starting to happen (I know Daily Kos isn't exactly a neutral source):
    https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre
    - Definitely

  3. #43
    Darth Small Macheath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,642
    Yeah, I've been seeing more headlines about "Republicans abandoning Trump" in the wake of COVID-19. Who knows if it's a real thing or not, but if so... I guess Trump's mishandling of literally everything else in the past 3.5 years pales in comparison to 100k dead people, which makes sense.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cupertino, CA
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Yeah, I've been seeing more headlines about "Republicans abandoning Trump" in the wake of COVID-19. Who knows if it's a real thing or not, but if so... I guess Trump's mishandling of literally everything else in the past 3.5 years pales in comparison to 100k dead people, which makes sense.
    I was previously of the opinion that if kids in cages didn't put you off Trump nothing would. However if this pandemic can do it, well, at least some good will come out of it.
    - Definitely

  5. #45
    Darth Small Macheath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    15,642
    Holy shit, I mean. Just unedited footage here, aside from a zoom on Birx's face.


  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cupertino, CA
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Holy shit, I mean. Just unedited footage here, aside from a zoom on Birx's face.
    That's the key to a great anti-Trump negative ad. Just show him saying stupid stuff.
    - Definitely

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,780
    This is most likely the incoherent ramblings of a narcissistic mad man, Kanye 2020, but ramblings of a narcissist are why we are where we are.

    Hopefully this quietly dissolves into the ether, but just for funzies how would a third party bid from a modern mogul change the election math?

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Cupertino, CA
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    This is most likely the incoherent ramblings of a narcissistic mad man, Kanye 2020, but ramblings of a narcissist are why we are where we are.

    Hopefully this quietly dissolves into the ether, but just for funzies how would a third party bid from a modern mogul change the election math?
    We have a real world example in Ross Perot. He siphoned enough votes away from GHWB to give Clinton the presidency. It can happen.

    That said, I doubt the likes of Kanye would get anything like that kind of response. He probably wouldn't be able to get registered in all 50 states in time so it would have to be a write-in campaign which usually winds up being statistical noise.
    - Definitely

  9. #49
    Senior Member sheil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    412
    Some of the internet crazy thinks he got into it to siphon the young minority vote from Biden to help Trump out.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,780
    Yeah, apparently he can't be on the ballot nationwide at this point, and he hasn't actually registered anywhere yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •