Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Debacle 2020

If you democrat leaning kids wouldn't leave the state for states like California where your vote doesn't count!

frick'n traitors!

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Well my home state of Wisconsin was called and narrowly went for Biden. this is stressful.
    It warmed my heart to see my home state finally get it right, if only by a narrow margin.
    - Definitely

The End

If you can say "both sides are the same" or claim that nothing's really going to change for you after an election like Trump/Biden (or Clinton/Trump), you've got privilege.

I have privilege. I'm glad I've never had to fear for my basic human rights being stripped away, and I hope I never do. But gay people, black people, brown people, and women of all colors get to worry about that shit every 4 years! What a fun surprise it must be to unwrap a present that might have a live grenade in it, every 4 years!

If the wrong people win elections in states 3,000 miles away from you, you might not get to be married anymore, or you might not get to own the decision making process about your own reproductive system anymore, or you might not get to live in this country anymore, or a marauding band of white supremacists might be emboldened to just straight-up murder you and your family.

I literally can't imagine what that kind of angst must feel like. But thanks to Dave Chappelle, I don't have to imagine!

Tomorrow's senate vote will be the last chapter of the 2020 election, it's all over but the lawsuits.

Well... that, and this:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...te-runoff.html

Holy shit! A mob has stormed the capitol building. Taking over both chambers and several offices.

I was glued to the news from about 1 when I started watching the debates on certifications on CSPAN while working, then jumped to my couch to watch in horror as they breached the Capitol and stayed there til 10:30 when the live coverage ceased. Crazy day.