Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Boys - Amazon Prime show

Just finished this weekend and, wow, hell of an ending. Sets things up nicely for season 2 hopefully. Did anyone notice the easter egg of Giancarlo Esposito's character "going to Belize"? This has to be an intentional reference

They definitely go some different directions, compared to what I remember from the comics. Homelander was much more of a psycho in the original. And I don't remember the plot twist with Becca still being alive, and raising Homelander's child but that might just be my poor memory. Good stuff overall, would definitely watch a season two.

EDIT: Jesus, just went back and skimmed through some of the comics. That is some GRISLY shit.
    Last edited by Macheath; 08-08-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    EDIT: Jesus, just went back and skimmed through some of the comics. That is some GRISLY shit.
    By the way: if you don't want to read the comic, do your best to avoid spoilers. There are some bombshells coming, really good twists, and I think most of the pieces are there in season one of the show... so hopefully they're planning to drop those bombs at some point.

You're going to teach me to outrun cancer?!?

I see lots of love here for this show. Personally I don't get it, it's too much. After the forced blow job scene with sunshine girl I wanted to puke too. I never did finish the first episode.

It certainly has some triggers in it. Sounds like some of them matched up with your dislikes. Show's not for everyone. \_(ツ)_/

Yup, maybe I'm getting old.