Thread: DUNC

DUNC

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED! WELCOME TO THE DUNC THREAD!

annotation-2020-01-30-152430.jpg

Man I hope this shit turns out good.

I should read those.

I feel like I should re-read the first book in preparation, but I'll probably be less disappointed if I can't quite remember what happened in the book.

Administrator
    some of my comments from slack and sms discussions about this trailer from this afternoon:

brien:cactus: 1 hour ago
    This looks good, and I will absolutely see it the second it is released, but i have to say, it definitely looks “off” without H.R. Giger’s biomechanical influence

also, i love the crap out of Bautista, and he looks fucking badass as Rabban

i wonder who is playing Barron Harkonnen

I am not digging the "song" in the trailer.

one last note: some of the clips in that trailer are like shot-for-shot, (according to my memory, at least) which has me pumped up, too

i hope they make the Barron as grotesque as he was portrayed in the 80's version. such a perfectly disgusting character

i really wish they showed what Barron Harkonnen looked like - the only time i saw him was when he was like sitting up in that pool of goo

Quote Originally Posted by brien View Post
    it definitely looks “off” without H.R. Giger’s biomechanical influence
    I am not digging the "song" in the trailer.
    Ironically enough, Pink Floyd is meaningful to Dune fans for the same reason Giger is. But while I appreciated the music in the trailer personally, I'm actually relieved Giger's out. I've had enough Giger in the past 45 years of science fiction. Give me something new.

Quote Originally Posted by brien View Post
    also, i love the crap out of Bautista, and he looks fucking badass as Rabban
    Hard Agree

The only casting choice I was on the fence about was Jason Momoa, but after watching this trailer like half a dozen times, I think I love him as Duncan Idaho.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I'm actually relieved Giger's out. I've had enough Giger in the past 45 years of science fiction. Give me something new.
    You know what, this is a really god damn good point. I think i was letting nostalgia get the best of me.