Thread: What's on Apple TV+

What's on Apple TV+

Ted Lasso: I binged it, it's pretty good. Cute, wholesome. Worth watching.

Wolfwalkers: Got bored, turned it off.

Mythic Quest: Raven's Banquet: Got bored, turned it off. Might watch some more, I have a crush on Poppy. But I dunno. Heavy Silicon Valley vibes, and I wasn't too into that.

Fireball: Visitors from Darker Worlds: Got bored, turned it off.

The Morning Show: Watching it right now. 15 minutes in, already being preached at by Reese Witherspoon about... coal? Feels like the preachier episodes of Newsroom. Not a promising start, but gonna stick with it. This is the major ATV+ tentpole.

Defending Jacob: Will check this out at some point. Captain America as a lawyer.

Servant: Will also check this out at some point. M. Night Shyamalan miniseries of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    The Morning Show: Watching it right now. 15 minutes in, already being preached at by Reese Witherspoon about... coal? Feels like the preachier episodes of Newsroom. Not a promising start, but gonna stick with it. This is the major ATV+ tentpole.
    Just polished this off. I thought they'd cover some other topics (a la Newsroom), but nope... the whole thing is basically #MeToo: The Show.

But that's fine, it's a difficult and important subject, the movement has its own TV miniseries now. I have no idea how they'll ever do a season two, unless they move on from #MeToo shenanigans somehow.

Review-wise, I have only one thing to say: in a show full of good actors acting good, Billy Crudup fucking kills it. That dude, I love that dude, and he's obscenely good as Cory Ellison in The Morning Show. You heard it here first. Second? No? An Emmy already, you say?

Well, you did hear it here, though.