Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Correspondence Risk, Anyone?

Game created, invites sent, check your spam folders etc.

Peach will rise again!

I have a suggestion for the future:

The number of players in a given game should be limited to something like six. Right now you have to wait a **LONG** time between turns, which is especially frustrating when your previous turn consisted of rolling poorly and getting nowhere.

In the future I recommend we go with two games of six rather than one game of twelve.
    - Definitely

Yeah, 12 seems like probably too many. \_(ツ)_/

This is ironic since it's been Rainman's turn since about 20 minutes after he posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    This is ironic since it's been Rainman's turn since about 20 minutes after he posted.
    Not ironic at all. It proves my point. Unless everyone checks every 10 minutes you wind up taking a long time for each turn.

And I have an excuse, I was finishing up WandaVision.
    - Definitely

There is something about this game I'm just not getting. Drewbie, how did you manage to kick my butt so thoroughly so quickly? Am I interpreting the card mechanic correctly that you get 5 armies for turning in a set of cards no matter what? I don't see how you can build up so many armies in such a short time.
    - Definitely

Taking and holding territories would be the main way. The 5 armies you get from turning in cards is nice in the early game, mostly meaningless by midgame. If you're not getting 10 armies per turn from territory bonuses in the midgame, you're probably falling behind. Or dead already, like me.

In late game, you'd hope for 20+ per turn. And then you get a nice shot in the arm if you eliminate a player too.

I took most of Australia on turn one and wrapped up the continent on turn two with some amazing rolls. That set me up for some good bonuses. I rolled in and took South America on turns 3 and 4, then just kept expanding. By the time I starting fighting in Europe, I had most of Asia and Russia, as well as North Africa and was getting something like 60-80 armies a turn. Your big pile ups of 8-10 on your borders posed a hell of a threat, so I felt compelled to resolve that quickly. Sorry man.

I feel better knowing I wasn't the first to go out like last time.
    - Definitely