Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: I just saw *****, and IMHO ............

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    I liked the stalling bit, the part that killed me was waiting for the bombs to .. drop .. due .. to .. gravity. Fuck you. I like hearing explosions in space movies, but gorram bombs falling onto the ship below is where I draw the line.
    It bothered me that the blaster shots hitting the rebel fleet from First Order were arcing like a cannon shot. Unless there was black hole really nearby, of course

Quote Originally Posted by brien View Post
    i was OK with the bombs falling. ...
    I guess the fact that they hung a five minute scene on this horribly flawed notion gave me time to stew over it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnod View Post
    It bothered me that the blaster shots hitting the rebel fleet from First Order were arcing like a cannon shot. Unless there was black hole really nearby, of course
    I didn't notice this one. +1 nerd credit for gnod.

I noticed it... but I shuffled it straight to the back of my mind like Brien. Star Wars has always been more "fantasy" than "science fiction." Why in the everloving fuck would you use a laser sword? This is Napoleonic-era pirate ship combat with an orange planet and a pink nebula slapped on top.

I saw TLJ over the weekend and I feel exactly the same as what has been echoed here - underwhelming and the movie just felt really long and boring at times. I feel like nothing really happened for a very long time. On the good side the theater replaced all their seats with nice motorized recliners so I was comfortably bored.

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
    I was comfortably bored.
    Worst Pink Floyd song EVAR!
    - Definitely