Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: I just saw *****, and IMHO ............

I just watched Prospect on Hulu. It's a straight up Old Western, but science-fiction set on an alien planet. It features Pedro Pascal doing his best Mal Reynolds impression, I shit you not. If you're in the mood for a quick dose of "expanded Firefly universe" material some night, check this out.

I just watched Evil (13 episodes) on Netflix, originally CBS. It stars Luke Cage, this chick from Westworld, Ben Linus from LOST, and Aasif Mandvi which was weird for a few minutes but then I got used to it.

It's about a team that works for the Catholic church, investigating hauntings and possessions and miracles. Over the course of the first season, nothing much happens, and then at the end Kristen burns her hand by holding a crucifix so I guess at least some of the dreams must be real? so that's a thing.

It's been renewed for a second season and I don't regret watching it. I wouldn't scramble to see it immediately, but if you're into creepy Judeo-Christian imagery, the Da Vinci Code, and The Exorcist, it's a nice and mellow watch to keep your brain half occupied while you do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I just consumed Genndy Tartakovsky's PRIMAL on Amazon Prime.

It's only 5 episodes, and has an abrupt ending that makes me wonder if there was supposed to be more, but:
    But nothing. Apparently that was "season 1, part 1."

The rest of season 1 dropped toward the end of 2020. I bought it, and watched it, and it was even more hardboiled caveman fantasy, and I loved it. The final episode took a very unexpected turn, and now I'm awaiting "season 2, part 1."

I just saw Masters of the Universal: Revelation and it's a pretty good story, if you wanted to watch a 5 episode story arc about Teela, then it's great. If you wanted a He-Man show, well, there's plenty of fan service, but Kevin Smith goes a bit Transformers: The Movie on it and decided to kill off a few people.

I don't know what I wanted from this, but it was just OK. There's quite a few huge nerds that are super upset about He-Man going all female empowerment with the Teela focus, but that didn't bother me as much as the fact that He-Man just wasn't in the show much. Mark Hamill does great as Skeletor though and Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn was really good too.

I just saw the first 35 minutes of Drive starring Ryan Gosling.

Normally I'm a pretty good soldier when watching films but this one, man, I just couldn't hang in there.

I have never seen such stilted slow paced dialog in my life. Maybe every character was supposed to be autistic or something because every single line was preceded by a 2-3 second pause.

Also the music and general feel of the movie made it feel like an 80's movie. I was surprised to find out it came out in 2011.

Has anyone here seen it? Did I bail out too quickly? Should I give it another chance?
    - Definitely