Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: I just saw *****, and IMHO ............

I just saw *****, and IMHO ............

I just saw all of the I Am Not Infected episodes, and IMHO give it 9 out of 10 feet of chewwed up intestines. IANI is a webseries about the upcoming zombie apocolypse, shot in 27 2 to 4 minute episodes. The last one posted was in 2009. I find the humor to be spot on, as this is more a comedy than a horror series. I do not know why these guys have stopped making them, although one has found a "real Job", and filmed these while unemployed. I met them at Gencon at the Zombie Directors panel. I highly recommend this webseries.

A couple weeks ago I saw Let the Right One In, and IMHO I thought it was quite good. Possibly 10/10. It's subtitled (unless you can speak Swedish) so if that's not your thing then don't bother. It's probably the best vampire movie I've ever seen. It's a very slow and arty movie, a nice break from all the action that this genre typically involves. I especially enjoyed the depiction of what happens when you do not invite a vampire into your home and they come in anyway. There's a brief glimpse of entirely the wrong kind of nudity and fairly limited gore, though what they do show is pretty gorey.

They're making an american version called Let Me In which is sure to destroy any vestige of goodness found in this movie.

The American...

Not very impressed. I keep wanting to think it's impressive in some way or had some dramatic subtlety about it, but it just kind of gave a slice of someone's existence in a dialogue-depraved way. If the goal was to take something that is typically made sensational and present it as mundane and "meh", then I guess it succeeded. But on the little "billboard" for the movie, I saw the hero running, as in a little active.

I feel like it was made in a 60s or 70s style drama. Without anything really exciting happening.

I'm doubly sad because I went to watch it off the pretty decent rating it was getting at rotten tomatoes. We probably would have had a better time at the Last Exorcism or Machete, both of which are only slightly lower pointed.

The American----- Saw it this week and after a few minutes realized that this is more of an Italian film than an american spy thriller. With that in mind, I enjoyed the film. But I had to get past the fact that I was watching a foreign film. If there had been sub titles, I would have got it right away. the only thing "American" about this film was George Clooney. I went thinking I was going to see a "Bourne" type of movie. Big mistake. But after dealing in my mind with my dissapointment, I did enjoy the character study of the cast.

Severed - Forest of the Dead.........and give it 5 limbs of a 10 limbed redwood. The scenery is stunning, shot on Vancouver Island, so why did I rate it so low? First, very little gore for a zombie movie - a lot of off scene gore, with visable blood splatter, sure, it saves on the FX budget, but beating on an off camera fake blood filled bladder doesn't cut it. Second, night is scary, ohhhhhh, scary night..........but it doesn't film well, especially at the end of the movie when the "hero" is involved - at this time, I don't know if he lived or died. Third and last, there was a major plot shift 2/3rds into the movie....it went from a standard survive the zombie outbreak, to a Deliverence type vibe, pick a theme Mr. Director. This movie had great acting, a plausible reason for rage/zombies, and a great locale, but story and camera techniques took it down. A shame too, this was not a low budget film.

The Guild, Season 4, Episode 10, just released this week. My review is for all 4 seasons, and I give it a perfect score, and I need more episodes. It was pointed out to me that these have been around for awhile, so I will not go into what they are, but my favorite moments. The guild calling Bladezz the retarded cousin of the guild. One of the Anarchy guildies porking Bladezz's mom and telling Bladezz. Vork shoving food into his briefcase at Zaboo's mom's B-day. Bladezz deleting Tink's toon. Zaboo overall, brilliant character and actor. The pirate commercial with Bladezz as a tennis star. And Clara's overall treatment of her kids. Thumble'd.
    Last edited by thumblewort; 09-22-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: spoiler don't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    A couple weeks ago I saw Let the Right One In, and IMHO I thought it was quite good. Possibly 10/10. It's subtitled (unless you can speak Swedish) so if that's not your thing then don't bother. It's probably the best vampire movie I've ever seen. It's a very slow and arty movie, a nice break from all the action that this genre typically involves. I especially enjoyed the depiction of what happens when you do not invite a vampire into your home and they come in anyway. There's a brief glimpse of entirely the wrong kind of nudity and fairly limited gore, though what they do show is pretty gorey.

They're making an american version called Let Me In which is sure to destroy any vestige of goodness found in this movie.
    I saw this too! It was awesome. I don't know about 10/10, but preemptively comparing it to the American remake, I will give it an 11/10 instead.

I've definitely gotten sick of fucking vampires, but this film doesn't even feel like a vampire movie.

I just saw Nine Dead on Netflix Streaming, and give it 4 corpses out of 9 bad actors. The casting was very poor.....a mafia dude with a lisp? Apparently the lead actress is the daughter of the producer or director, because God loves nepotism! Plot is 9 people get kidnapped, and wake up bound to poles. Killer says he's gonna waste one every 10 minutes unless they figure out while they are there. I wish he would have made it one every 3 minutes.

Wow. That's fucking bizarre. It's like Saw, only even dumber!

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Wow. That's fucking bizarre. It's like Saw, only even dumber!
    Indeed it was, I was begging for Jigsaw to raid the movie, and dooming them all for their crime against humanity - their acting.

I saw Jeepers Creepers 2 this weekend, and IMHO, give it a 6 out of 10 demon feeding frenzys. I like the "mythos" created here, but part 2 was not as creepy as part 1, and part 2 had plot holes the size of the demon gullet in this movie. Actors in their 20's playing high school teens is nothing new, it just gets old, especially with the "we're too dumb to live" mantra happening here. If a demon is missing half it's head and draped over the bus you are in, with it's wing exposed would you A). Yell and scream about whose in charge, B). Have a racial dispute and a civil rights issue, or C). Light the demons wing on fire, or at the very least, start ripping and tearing at it? I should stick to J-Horror, at least if something stupid happens there, it could cultural ignorence on my part.