Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: I just saw *****, and IMHO ............

I just watched Prospect on Hulu. It's a straight up Old Western, but science-fiction set on an alien planet. It features Pedro Pascal doing his best Mal Reynolds impression, I shit you not. If you're in the mood for a quick dose of "expanded Firefly universe" material some night, check this out.

I just watched Evil (13 episodes) on Netflix, originally CBS. It stars Luke Cage, this chick from Westworld, Ben Linus from LOST, and Aasif Mandvi which was weird for a few minutes but then I got used to it.

It's about a team that works for the Catholic church, investigating hauntings and possessions and miracles. Over the course of the first season, nothing much happens, and then at the end Kristen burns her hand by holding a crucifix so I guess at least some of the dreams must be real? so that's a thing.

It's been renewed for a second season and I don't regret watching it. I wouldn't scramble to see it immediately, but if you're into creepy Judeo-Christian imagery, the Da Vinci Code, and The Exorcist, it's a nice and mellow watch to keep your brain half occupied while you do something else.