Dany: still insufferable
    Jon: maybe interesting soon?
    Sansa: de-emphasized a bit
    Arya: less smug
    Varys: is back
    Littlefinger: still dead
    Bronn: bitches all over his dick
    Cersei: gorgeous as always

Just keep reminding yourself: Maisie Williams is 22 now.

EDIT: oh lord:

"You'll be safest in the crypt!"

"The crypt is where all the ladies and kids are going!"

"Crypt is safe, go to crypt!"

<insert army of corpses headed by an undead necromancer who raises people from the dead on the regular>
    Last edited by Macheath; 04-21-2019 at 10:26 PM.

So... after episode 8x01, I bet a coworker $10 that the following would happen...

1. The wights and White Walkers will be defeated by mid-season
    2. Dany will rear her ugly head at Jon, knowing he has a claim to the kingship, and she'll become the new villain in her continued pursuit of the Iron Throne
    3. At some point, Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister will try to kill Dany, and Jorah will throw himself in front of her, sacrificing himself

Definitely going to happen? Well, no. Who would bet $10 on something so specific? Me. But after 8x02 (and the Jon/Dany moment), I feel slightly better about it, so I want to record the prediction here as well before it's any more realistic or absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    <insert army of corpses headed by an undead necromancer who raises people from the dead on the regular>
    Nailed it. Man, is it ever disheartening to fight your guts out against a zombie army, then just have the Night King smirk and pull a Hardhome-style "Raise Dead" (5th level necromancy) on everything within a square mile. But I suppose that's the point! I'm not surprised Arya took him out, but I am surprised she didn't kill Melisandre. In fact, neither did Davos. Bitch just wandered off into the cold and croaked. Sad end.

The musical cues tonight were on point. There were a couple rough edges early on in 8x03, but the whole last half was rivetingly well-scored.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    At some point, Jaime "Kingslayer" Lannister will try to kill Dany, and Jorah will throw himself in front of her, sacrificing himself
    Ahhh, hmm. Did not nail it? Hard to say whether Jorah's dead or just mortally wounded, but it suuuure looks like he's dead. Plus "mortally wounded" at this point is basically the same thing, did not see many field medics out there. Who else is dead? Definitely Beric, finally. Melisandre. Theon. Lyanna Mormont (god bless her soul). If that's it... surprisingly light body count for the Battle of Winterfell. What about Ghost? He went in with Jorah and the Khalasar in the first wave, and I did not see him trot back out... guess that counts. RIP.

EDIT: Reddit comment regarding the dark lighting of the episode: "hmm I don't know, you can clearly see maybe Hotpie defend maybe injured Hotpie from the angry blue Hotpie"
    Last edited by Macheath; 04-28-2019 at 11:01 PM.

I prefer the comfort of my own home, but I can't deny this shit gave me chills:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthron...urlington_bar/

MEGASPOILERS, BTW

"We are not a large house, but we are a proud one." Li'l Lady Lyanna is a beast.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'd love to give the writers this much credit, but I feel like this guy is just digging for something that isn't there. I hope we haven't heard the last of the Iron Bank, but we probably have.

Maybe they'll yank the Golden Company's leash at an inopportune moment, though?

This is a good criticism of the show's writing from season 6 onward:

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/30/1...hecies-tactics

My biggest issue has been the shallow and fan-fictionish interactions between characters especially in season 7, but this guy's got a good point too, and it seems like another symptom of the exact same problem: the writers just aren't that great.

When the showrunners weren't sure where GRRM wanted to go next, the book's smart characters (Tyrion, Littlefinger, Varys) all suddenly turned into dumbasses. The book's complex and mysterious prophetical background (Melisandre, Azor Ahai, the Lord of Light, Children of the Forest) just got dropped on the floor.

I'm not breaking any new ground, complaining about this. But it feels good.