Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: HBO - Game of Thrones

Arya bugs me now. Sauntering around with her hands behind her back, with a superior expression on her face at all times, always something "totally sweet" to say. Give me a break. It's like Maisie Williams started reading all the twitter/tumblr excitement about her character, and now she's convinced she's the prime shit of the show, so she's acting like a badass. But she can't pull it off. Plus the writing is pretty bad too, no way she should be able to just kick Brienne's ass like that. I don't care how many magical faces she's got stuffed in her bag.

Yea, the writers not having source material is creating many areas like that. I'll say this about Martin; he doesn't give a shit about fan-service.

The show did revert pretty hard to "barely average TV" level screenwriting once they ran out of GRRM.

Man, something I never considered before... Ned knew Jon was a Targaryen, and he shielded him from his friend Robert's mad anti-Targ spree for the rest of his life.

(major spoilahs)

One problem I had with the finale was Arya's line to Sansa: "I'm just the executioner. You passed the sentence." That line shows me that either the girls learned nothing from their father, or the show runners have a completely tonedeaf understanding of what Martin built. It sounds like a badass line but it doesn't fit what we know about the characters, and that bothers me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comm...onal_in_grrms/

• GRRM delivered an ~800 page manuscript to his publishers sometime in 2016.
    Hmmmm...

• The relationship between D&D and GRRM has soured since Season 5. D&D took umbrage with interviews GRRM gave regarding a controversial Season 5 episode: they felt GRRM didn’t have their backs. The following year, GRRM felt D&D took ‘not-so-subtle shots’ at him in Season 6 episodes they’d written and told colleagues he didn’t appreciate it.
    Hmmmmmm....

• As he publicly acknowledged, GRRM decided to undertake a major undisclosed plot change in TWOW. Apparently this change proved more unwieldy than he anticipated and necessitated several tweaks in multiple storylines he had previously assumed wouldn’t need much revising.
    • GRRM is adamant about not altering his story in reaction to the show, but has told people that TWOW will “toy with” some reader expectations that may result from watching the show.
    Hmmmmmmmmm......

There goes that guy's annual profits for 4 years.