Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: HBO - Game of Thrones

Well, then. Dany snaps and spends the next hour raking King's Landing with fire. We get a Clegane Bowl worth having. But aside from that there were some disappointments in this week's episode: Arya travels all the way to KL and does literally nothing, Jaime and Cersei flee to the basement and die an inglorious death under a pile of rubble, Tyrion continues to look like a buffoon.

The damage isn’t too bad, as long as the foundations are strong. We can rebuild this place.

Yeah, nah the foundations are gone. Sorry

This playlist has all the previews, "inside the episode" post-episode discussion bullshits where D&D brag about subverting your expectations, and more importantly all the "behind the scenes" (Game Revealed) documentaries:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ITDSLzC2SwbWs7

I'm gonna at least watch those Revealed vids, once the season's done.

EDIT: I made a playlist with just the "Game Revealed" docs here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...m5KDJEbZYOaRpS

Say what you will about season 8, the technical filmmaking on display is impressive.

Boy, the short little scene where Brienne updates Jaime's entry in the White Book was nice.

Yea, gonna need to sleep on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    How is it that the best quarterback in the NFL is such a huge nerd?
    - Definitely

You know, after a few days, I gotta say I haven't really thought about the finale at all. I'm just very indifferent to it. I really don't feel like I've allowed myself any investment after the 6th season began to disappoint me. I didn't like much of that season and really didn't care for anything in 7 or 8. I've resigned myself to the fact that the books will likely never be finished and it's just time to move on.

For all it's other issues, I gotta say I'm really enjoying the Outlander books and the series on Starz is quite good as well. It helps that they started that series with the books completed so they won't get into the same stupid situation where you have 2 guys writing the conclusion to a series that isn't theirs while they're distracted by writing new Star Wars movies.

This is the third or fourth time you've mentioned Outlander. Every time I look it up, the plot description makes me cringe away. It sounds like a wish-fulfillment romance written by a Stephanie Meyer type. But on the other hand, the show is produced by Ronald D. Moore, it's on Starz, and it has amazing ratings everywhere. So I should definitely give it a look.

PS: I loved seasons 5-6, and I'm pretty sure it's because they hadn't run out of book material yet, but it was material that (still) hasn't been published. For once, I was getting a taste of the excitement non-book-readers had all along. And then things went to shit in season 7, naturally.

EDIT: hmm, season 6 was the "bad poosy" Dorne stuff, right? Maybe it was rougher than I'm remembering....
    Last edited by Macheath; 05-22-2019 at 08:36 AM.

I recall, perhaps incorrectly, that season 5 ended with Jon dead at the Wall and that caught the series up with the books. The start of 6 was what we all could infer would happen based on the books, but then the wheels started to come off and weird shit that didn't make much sense with the character development they had done began to occur.