Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO - Game of Thrones

I am not getting HBO just for this but Damn I would like to. Someone should record them and send them to me. I don't think I am going to be able to wait for video...grrrrr

I was of that opinion but then I looked at the numbers. For me HBO is $16/mo so I'm looking at $48 to watch the first 10 episodes. I'm hoping I can call and get an "introductory" deal and maybe bring that cost down.

I just don't want to deal with bit torrent or other convoluted means.

Actually Eq, you could have a viewing party at my house. Or I can record them and you're welcome to stop by and watch them. I won't charge admission.

There's nothing especially convoluted about bittorrent. In fact, it would be kinda cool if we set up an ultra-private, invitation-only reebosak tracker. Then if one of us got our hands on something, he could just put a torrent up, and everyone else could download it (and continue seeding). It's not like your bandwidth would get raped by 400 people logging in and seeing something they want on your hard drive, you're only dealing with 5-6 of your friends, tops. And once they have it, they'll seed 6/7ths of it for guy #8. It would be like a fast, distributed file repository we all had access to.

As for Game of Thrones, I'm tentatively planning to head over to a friend-with-HBO's house on a weekly basis, like 75% of the people who are excited about this show and don't have HBO. 10% are in Nynny's crew and will start subscribing to HBO, 15% are planning to pirate it somehow and will probably get caught on public trackers by HBO's anti-piracy bot.

Anyone in range of my house is welcome to come for weekly viewings.

Anyone in range of my house is welcome to come babysit my kids so my wife and I can watch it at Drew's house.

I have a kid and lots of toys at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    I was of that opinion but then I looked at the numbers. For me HBO is $16/mo so I'm looking at $48 to watch the first 10 episodes. I'm hoping I can call and get an "introductory" deal and maybe bring that cost down.

I just don't want to deal with bit torrent or other convoluted means.

Actually Eq, you could have a viewing party at my house. Or I can record them and you're welcome to stop by and watch them. I won't charge admission.
    You have UVerse, right?

I just signed up for UVerse with an installation date of 4/12. I added on HBO specifically for Game of Thrones, because I am ok with paying $48 for 10 hours of entertainment for two people. Then, as I was checking out, I realized they were giving me 3 months of HBO for FREE!

So, call 'em up and ask for the 3 months of HBO free deal. They might only be doing it for new subscribers, but they might give it to you if you ask for it.

sweet, I'm currently on a free Showtime trial so I'm thinking I'll say I don't like Showtime and ask for a free HBO trial instead.

Thanks for the idea Liuv! I now have a 3 month trial of HBO and Cinemax.

Bring on the Game!

Just a curiosity question but is anyone planning on capturing these episodes for later digital dissemination??