Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HBO - Game of Thrones

If you know how to get them off my Uverse box I'll gladly help.

There's probably something out there but I don't know it.. same with getting stuff off my Comcrap DVR.....

Well, you do the leg work and I'll gladly join your illicit plan. It's a computer, there has to be a way to hack it.

There will be countless people who know what they're doing that will throw this thing up on torrent sites the moment the credits roll. Why reinvent the wheel and risk being the guy who uploaded it? When Starz was playing Pillars of the Earth, I was grabbing those episodes off Torrents the next morning with no issue and would be doing that again if I didn't already pay a fortune to have every channel in existence just so my wife could stream Murder, She Wrote episodes off Netflixs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    There will be countless people who know what they're doing that will throw this thing up on torrent sites the moment the credits roll. Why reinvent the wheel and risk being the guy who uploaded it?
    because

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    There's nothing especially convoluted about bittorrent. In fact, it would be kinda cool if we set up an ultra-private, invitation-only reebosak tracker. Then if one of us got our hands on something, he could just put a torrent up, and everyone else could download it (and continue seeding). It's not like your bandwidth would get raped by 400 people logging in and seeing something they want on your hard drive, you're only dealing with 5-6 of your friends, tops. And once they have it, they'll seed 6/7ths of it for guy #8. It would be like a fast, distributed file repository we all had access to.

again, just help me figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    again, just help me figure out how.
    here try this

This would be an incredible feature. You know, watch TV on your PC as well as from your IPTV box. Unfortunately, the files are encrypted.
    Unless someone has cracked the U-Verse encryption, it's probably not possible.

I was thinking more along the lines of folks who have HD Video Capture cards..... then again not that many have them these days with DVR's, etc. But yeah I'm sure the torrents will be out there.. I use Peerblock to marginally reduce the risk....

If you're connected to a tracker, then your IP address is visible. Peerblock won't help.

You're best off not downloading anything that's likely to be closely monitored -- and new HBO series are pretty high on that list -- or else using less traveled trackers (ideally private ones). I will not be pirating this one.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Well, you do the leg work and I'll gladly join your illicit plan. It's a computer, there has to be a way to hack it.
    This is a public forum:

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...llicit+plan%22
    Last edited by landolin; 04-15-2011 at 08:45 AM.