Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift

Switched to Founders today. I think I may finally be WoW-Free...

Yeah, I'm on the 6-month as well. I went to battle.net to let my sub die today, and I learned that battle.net uses Jboss or Tomcat. 'Service Temporarily Unavailable' on login.

Lots of food for thought for those of us still playing WoW full time I guess. I doubt the waffling from so many in regards to their interest in the game is gonna produce positive effects.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJones View Post
    Yeah, I'm on the 6-month as well. I went to battle.net to let my sub die today, and I learned that battle.net uses Jboss or Tomcat. 'Service Temporarily Unavailable' on login.

I got it for you, as well as my own.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyx View Post
    Lots of food for thought for those of us still playing WoW full time I guess. I doubt the waffling from so many in regards to their interest in the game is gonna produce positive effects.
    mmm..waffles.

I think the cause for the waffling is due to the fact that we've all invested so much time in WoW, that we don't want to be hasty in our decision to give it up. There's something to be said for a 6+ year investment in anything, and I know that I for one, am not willing to take a game that I've been playing for a week and a half and say that I have enough information to make the decision to cut ties with WoW. Though I know I can always resub and pick up where I left off.

Also, we're smart and mature enough to understand that the "vanilla" feeling (which is probably the greatest attraction to Rift for many of us) won't last forever, and when the dust settles, some of us may decide we prefer WoW. There's no fanboiism here. I see people trying to make good decisions about where they spend their valuable time and hard-earned dollar.

I've been trying real hard not to fanboy Rift. I'm really happy with it so far though.

I'm smart enough not to pay for 2 subscriptions when I only play one. That's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrie View Post
    I'm smart enough not to pay for 2 subscriptions when I only play one. That's pretty much it.
    That is my whole thing in a nutshell or quote as it is.

A seemingly large number of threads on mmo champ regarding player activity, Rift, etc. Some have gotten locked because "there are already enough threads discussing this". I saw in one thread a link to warcraftrealms activity chart by week, by faction, during prime time(6-11pm of the local server time). It seems to be implying a decline on average of near 30%- that seems to be across all servers as an average. It's not quite down to pre-Cata launch levels, although it's getting closer.

They use addons to measure this, so it's only as accurate as the number of people using addons logging on and uploading make it. But generally WCR has been pretty good at providing usage data.

This has pretty much nothing to do with Rift and more with how people received Cata. I'm only posting it here because I've been trying to understand my own decline in desire to play. I always tend to ask- is it just me? Is it something else? I agree with Jal that there's some reluctance on my part to just stop doing something that I've done for largely 6 years running with very few breaks.

I've played for just as long, and am living proof you can come back after a year and pick up where you left off fairly quickly. I already got torn like that when I had to give it up for health reasons.