Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift

Performance tweaks: http://www.brileykenney.com/blog/?ta...ormance-tweaks

My wife has some crappy fps. She has the same rig as mine except I'm on Windows 7 and she's on XP. I tried the processor tweak and it freaked out. The DX9 tweak and other adjustments seemed to help out a little(got fps up into the 40s in the capital).

I will try a couple of those performance tweaks. I also used that macro stuff to reduce my rotation for shaman/druid basically down to one button. Silly times.

Found another PVP item vendor in Gloamwood pines that has blue rings and belts for like 450 favor - level 18. Bought them up!

Akylios is what we're on, btw.

I am really enjoying Rift as a Mage. I run 2 of my 3 available roles. I run a Warlock/Necromancer and a Stormcaller/Chloromancer. Both of these have amazing survivability and make for great PvP specs as I am in a PvP shard.

My take on the quest system is that is a little slow but very rewarding, for crafters and vendorers alike.

The artifact side quests are fun, if you do them. If you don't want to do them then they make very good money makers through the Auction House.

The PvP system is pretty fun and to me, it is fairly balanced. I haven't seem all these problems people are bitching about on the forums for mages. It seems that Warriors and Rogues are supposed to kill mages single-handedly but I haven't had this problem and could kill one that was a ?? to me. Either they weren't skilled or I just hit my buttons right.

So far, it is a very enjoyable game and with much more endgame content to inevitably come, it will be a top contender with WoW. Probably not the #1 MMO, but definitely #2 contending with The Old Republic and some other one whose name escapes me.
    I can honestly say that I don't know how to hack.

But if you're lying I will learn, hack your computer for a location, and fly/drive/jet-ski to your location and brutally murder you.

And when I'm brought to trial I will present this thread and be acquitted of all charges.

Don't log into the Rift support forums until they fix This ridiculous problem.

Oh, I am on the Shard Nyx. I picked it because of Nyyx. I am a Guardian High Elf Mage. Under the name of Eis.

But if you're lying I will learn, hack your computer for a location, and fly/drive/jet-ski to your location and brutally murder you.

And when I'm brought to trial I will present this thread and be acquitted of all charges.

We have a about 7-9 people on the Akylios server (guardian side).

I've done some more crafting and the system has grown on me. The "bag crap" has only increased linearly (not exponentially) over the first couple tiers, so you start seeing patterns emerging. On second take, it's probably less complex than WoW, yet has some of the better nuances that Lotro offered.

Yall have an Oblivious over on Akylios? Or some sort of guild? I may make a warrior or rogue over there.

We have an 'Inconceivable' over there!