Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Documentary Thread

I watched Tim's Vermeer last night and I loved it, it's exactly the sort of documentary I could watch hours of: an insane mixture of historical mystery solving, Adam-Savage-workshop-style tinkering, and Penn Jillette narrating the whole thing. Here's a review that goes into some controversy around the film.

I watched this one last night. It's about the University of Texas tower sniper. It's amazing.
    - Definitely

Wow, interesting choice with the visuals, I'll need to check that out.

EDIT: oh look it's on netflix, well shit

Trying to watch Leaving Neverland, and as weird as it sounds: I'm bored.

Excitement isn't the point, it's a documentary about Michael Jackson sexually abusing little boys. But it's not compelling. If you look past the words being spoken, there's zero evidence, it's just these guys describing how cool it was hanging out with Michael Jackson, and oh by the way he made me suck his nipples. Maybe HBO presents something substantive at some point, but holy shit give me more to go on in the first 45 minutes. You lost my attention and I'm left not believing it.

If it's true, it's terrible... but if it's true, you should be able to do more than have a couple guys describe sexual acts for the camera. This amounts to slander, and it's going to end in multiple court cases.