Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Stuff

Star Wars Stuff

Hell with it, I feel like I post a Star Wars link daily, might as well give it its own thread.

Badass pictures of Star Wars toys in snow!

The Warlock (Die Hard)
    Those are well done. I would love to see how he got some of those.

not 100% star wars but it has a leia

For some reason the original trilogy popped into my head and I thought, "I should watch those again." Then I realized I only own them on VHS and I'm not sure I have a VHS player anymore. Ok, look into DVD/BR ... they have "the original cut" on DVD and they have the "updated version" on Blu-Ray.

A while back I decided it was mostly silly to own hard copies of movies but this one I might make an exception for, but should I wait in case they release the original theatrical cut on BR? Also the comments on the Blu-Ray are funny, or sad ... mostly sad.

The versions of the theatrical cut that they've released on DVD are kind of bad. They didn't bother restoring them or even "enhancing" them for widescreen TVs. They just slapped the "original theatrical editions" on the disc as a letterboxed afterthought to placate whiny fans, rather than giving them the attention they deserve. The day Lucas allows a remastered version without dinosaur effects to slip through to the public on some sort of mind-reading GreenBeam SuperDisc in the year 2028, I will buy them. And then pigs will fly out of my ass.

I am also fairly sure the "original" is the one where Greedo shoots first. The true original versions don't exist anymore. At least as far as Lucas knows.