Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Star Wars Stuff

Disney+, I assume.

You weren't kidding. No one has seen it yet? I'm so confused. Have modern television producers developed time travel and managed to keep it a secret?

There was a private preview of some footage at a Star Wars convention. I guess Werner Herzog liked it. I'm sure it's great. But holy shit, ordering a second season before people have had so much as a fart-whiff of the first season?

It turns out there is no definitive version of the original Star Wars films to watch online, either from Lucas/Disney (obviously) or the fans who've been working tirelessly to restore them. Lucas and Disney haven't made anything available because they prefer the Special Editions. Fans have made too many options available, and the community is a little bit fractured as to which version is "best." But hey, options are good, right?

• Harmy's Despecialized Edition - the most famous restoration, Harmy takes the "best available" for each shot; that means he'll grab plenty of footage from the official Special Edition, but if there are too many CGI wampas in the frame, he'll revert to something else (laserdisc, 1997 VHS, whatever).
    • Adywan's Revisited Edition - this nutcase is actually re-filming some portions of the film (special effects) himself.
    • Project 4K77 - these guys have gotten their hands on original theatrical prints, and they're scanning them in 4K, cleaning them up, then applying some color correction and (optionally) digital noise reduction to each frame. I'm hoping Mr. Harmy up above will grab this footage for his next version of Despecialized.