Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Star Wars Stuff

The Mandalorian Season Two Finale!

The finale was great. The whole second season was pretty damn good. There were definitely some rough spots in the first half, but the last 3-4 episodes were great.

Luke Skywalker's entrance was spectacular. The looks of horror on everyone's faces (they didn't know he was friendly) as they watched him efficiently demolish dozens of Dark Troopers was perfect. Jedi should be terrifying at this point in Star War history. It's been decades since they were glorified Space Cops. They're creatures of legend, all people know are the stories.

That said, as soon as Luke's face was on screen, EVERYTHING WAS AWFUL. Yikes. I know this is just a TV show, but "face technology" has regressed significantly since the work they did with Grand Moff Tarkin in Rogue One, FOUR YEARS AGO. And if they were gonna recast Skywalker's voice (a wise move, to be honest) they should have had a few more auditions. On a spectrum from "some random guy talking in his normal voice" to "definitely a 25 year old Mark Hamill," this dude was maybe around 50% of the way there.

Finally, I felt like they pushed the Fatherhood Angle a little too hard. I'm guessing it hit most of you guys (i.e. parents) differently, but mostly it felt pretty eye-rollingly forced to me (i.e. an average non-parent).

Whatever. Fun show, worth watching. Is it done now? Seems like it might be.

SPOILERS!!!

Seriously, just the text attached to this link is a spoiler. <<< With that said the link is to a mashup video that's pretty great.

As to Mac's analysis of the final episode, yeah, but let it go. As a TV show I'm assuming they have a more limited budget than feature films. Put down the magnifying glass and enjoy the show for what it is, a great story.

Will it continue? I think they could pull together another season of good writing based on the whole Mandalore-ruler-shiny-sword story arc. Of course the whole concept of the lone wolf guardian of justice thing could go pretty much anywhere.

I think the Grogu story has come to an end until another movie pulls him in as an "adult". They can't keep Luke around for a TV series.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Put down the magnifying glass and enjoy the show for what it is, a great story.
    Are you really telling me not to criticize the show's weak points?

Okay, I'm on board. Perfect 10 out of 10, gooooooooooo STAR WARS!!

It's a different production, that probably used a different face altering technology. Your memory of Tarkin is a little rosy because that was not spectacular. I'm just saying I don't think you'd be happy with any rendered face because duh, of course it's not 30 year old Mark Hamill.

I'd give it a 9 out of 10, with one bonus point for crushing the Dark Trooper like a tin can. Go Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Your memory of Tarkin is a little rosy because that was not spectacular.
    Pfffff, we'll have to disagree on that one. Princess Leia looked ghastly, but I thought Tarkin was impressive as heck.

Meh, his face is deep in shadow and it looks like a well done Pixar human. :P

Oh. Hmmmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images