Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: NEW New Computer Tweakathread

During Windows setup, I named my computer "Drew's Gaming Rig". No issues as it let it go through. It then created an Admin User apparently named "Drew's Gaming Rig" as well. Fine. Well, except Minecraft hates paths with apostrophes in them so it crashes when trying to do anything that directs it to create a file in the "Drew's Gaming Rig" user folder.

For the life of me, I don't know how to change that at this point. I can't even find it anywhere other than as the folder name.

EDIT: Might have fixed it, but gonna take awhile to find out
    Last edited by Drewbie; 02-18-2019 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    I named my computer "Drew's Gaming Rig". It then created an Admin User apparently named "Drew's Gaming Rig" as well.
    That... seems wrong. Open Control Panel, click "User Accounts" once or twice, until you see a link to "Change your account name."

Yea, that doesn't work. I blew it all up and did a fresh install since everything was just fucking stupid. I let it go overnight cause it was after midnight and I was tired and I woke up this morning to it not asking me that question and now the default user is "dsyri" somehow, but I suspect that'll work for things so fuck it, I don't care anymore.

Okay. My computer is named "hyperion" and my username is "ben." No idea how you got wrapped around a tree there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbie View Post
    ..default user is "dsyri" somehow..
    So Drew is now Desiree. Welcome Desiree.

Long ass video, but this guy's careful attention to cable management gives me a stiffy. I feel so much shame for my lifetime of haphazardly assembled computers.

Look at the thumbnail: that's the finished product. Can't see a single wire. And he didn't do anything outlandish, just cable ties and a cheap case.