Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin is not Egypt ... yet

Wisconsin is not Egypt ... yet

I don't know if any of you have followed the news on Wisconsin's governor messing with state workers but it's a pretty hot topic around here.

I couldn't figure out how to respond to this guy on Facebook so I decided not to and instead to post his argument here and laugh at him. This is a friend of a friend responding in agreement with Governor Walker's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by dumb guy
    it would be nice if i could but with the times im glad i got a job and what the gov is asking thier workers to pay is not bad the avg person pays what 20% if not more for just their health ins and i would be glad to take a gov job that pays more then avg pay for for the same postion somewhere else i think the people that call in to work to go protest should have actions taken against them and when they all get fired for it maybe itll get some of the people that havent had jobs in the last year that wanna work jobs and they wont have any prob with paying their percent into their pension or insurance

And all these people going go their jobs asking for more money is just hurting everyone in the long run cuz all it leads to is the price of everything going up cuz companies have to raise all the prices on their products just so they can stay open
    I must say he makes a compelling argument 'cuz in the long run if all the companies close who will sell us BRAWNDO?

I support any and all busting of union chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    I support any and all busting of union chops.
    Wow I agree with Mac. I may throw my self in front of a bus now...

Your stance is not surprising Dreirden, given you are from the Detroit area and don't work in the auto industry. To be clear, I'm in favor of union busting as well.

I used to work in the auto industry as an Electrical Engineer for Automation Controls company. Some of the things I saw during my 8 years in that industry were just flat out wrong.

I also agree that unions are largely to blame for their own misfortune and they protect the idiots of the world. I'm just not sure the governor legislating them away is the best idea. It sounds akin to the government using imminent domain to take your land so the new Bass Pro Shop can have a tree in the parking lot.

I'm just skeptical of government these days because I'm convinced it's run by corporate interests and the people's voice is largely irrelevant these days.

Correct.

Welcome to the last 50 or so years of government.

You guys remind me of the People's Front of Judea...

"All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?"

Replace "romans" with "unions". (in case you didn't see that)

Whether in a union or not, all of us generally benefit from the things organized labor has fought for in this country- shorter work days, paid vacations, overtime pay, etc.

What about the Judean People's Front?
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Originally Posted by dumb guy
    I think he should take the government job, apply to a local community college and learn about run-on sentences, spelling, and punctuation.