Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Wisconsin is not Egypt ... yet

I have a new perspective here since serving on the board of education. We have a teacher shortage. In my district their wages are relatively high, but somewhat stagnant. Walker's Act 10 debacle reigned in bad teachers for sure, but it also hurt good teachers. Walker also made huge cuts to education and forced the tax burden on property owners. I would like to think Evers will turn some of that around or at least slow the bleeding.

As for his qualifications to run government ... Walker has a high school diploma and a long career as a politician, I'll take teacher with a doctorate over that any day of the week. A governor needs to be a leader, communicator, and negotiator. Evers has more qualification for that than Walker ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by nynnja View Post
    Walker
    Hey, speaking of Scott Walker... you guys ever notice that in every video of Rebecca Kleefisch, there's like 1-2 frames where she looks like a total knockout?

kleefisch.jpg

It comes and goes so quickly, you don't even consciously notice it... but your brain notices. And you leave the experience thinking, weirdly, that Rebecca Kleefisch is kind of attractive. Which can't be right, because the rest of the time she just looks like Rebecca Kleefisch.

kleefisch2.jpg

I wonder if Mandela Barnes has the same sort of voodoo magic going on?

Anyway, remember when Scott Walker changed the laws so you can't request a recount if you lose by more than 1% and then he promptly went on to lose his re-election by 1.1% less than a year later? heh

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Hey, speaking of Scott Walker...

Anyway, remember when Scott Walker changed the laws so you can't request a recount if you lose by more than 1% and then he promptly went on to lose his re-election by 1.1% less than a year later? heh
    Poetic justice is the best justice.
    - Definitely