Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Magic the Gathering

Magic the Gathering

Time to remake this thread! Unfortunately we lost all the cool stuff in the last one, but I've got some way awesomer decks to brag about now.

Somebody remind me to make a [mtg] tag, okaaaaay?

For the moment, check this out. I had no idea MtG tournaments were ever televised. Bizarre.

I am selling my cards on ebay as we speak. )-:

Need to make money to pay for my new camera........the problem with selling ones collection is going through them all and wanting to play again. Grrrrrr

How many cards? From what period? And how much are you asking?

so far I sold off about $800 worth. Right now I have about $200 up on ebay. still going through them though. Not sure I have much else worth anything big. They are from Revised through Visions. Not sure how many cards. If I put them in one stack I would have about 5' worth (-:

How have you been packaging them up? Like, pick out the best rares and sell them 1-2 at a time? $800 is a nice chunk of change.

yes, I was just picking out the rare ones that looked to be selling. I can't complain. This was the only way my wife was going to let me buy my camera. Not sure what I am going to sell next to get a lens though.

I'll give you a hint: you've got two of them, and every time you go to Mexico you risk giving one or both away for free anyway.

I would sell my left one if I could just get in contact with someone who would buy it (-:

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is on sale for $3.39 on Steam (the "Gold Package" that gives you more decks and another single player campaign is $6.79) for the next ~16 hours.

I've been on an extended Magic break. I just don't do well with playing the same game for years and years and years on end. Same thing happened with WoW and D&D and Starcraft and every other game I've played for more than a few months.

That said, I loved the first edition of Duels of the Planeswalkers (this, 2013, is the third or fourth iteration of the series). It's got a very slick interface, good AI opponents, and terrific puzzles to think through if you find the normal gameplay too easy or repetitive. The only knock on 2013 as far as I'm aware is its lack of the "Archenemy" game mode. It has "Planechase," which adds an element of chaos to multiplayer games, and past editions have had Archenemy, but they pulled it out for this one. Why, I don't know. Perhaps to force people to buy multiple editions of the game. Wish they'd just have included all the game modes.

Uh, anyway. You can play against other humans, too, it's not all just computer opponents. You don't get a full set of all the cards, but on the bright side, you don't have to pay anything for them, either. For three (or six) bucks, I'm actually thinking about picking this up, on the off chance I get a hankering for Magic one of these months.

Also, if anybody buys it, apparently there are codes you can enter on the Player Status screen for extra cards (beyond the ones you already get by playing):

WMKFGC
    KWPMZW
    FNMDGP
    MWTMJP
    FXGJDW
    GDZDJC
    HTRNPW
    NCTFJN
    PCNKGR
    GPCRSX

Each of those codes is something like 1 more card per "core" deck, and there are something like 10 core decks, so that's something like 100 cards. Don't quote me on any of that.