Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rift Forum Created - Enjoy

I picked it up to go with Shaman, which is a melee dps soul.

I dig the game lots, for several reasons, so many I won't bother to list them.

There are a couple collectors editions left over here. Might pick it up on my next paycheck.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

I just picked up the digital collectors edition off of steam.

As soon as you get out of the starting zone and into the main "world" (around level 6-7 when you see a ginormous bridge over water), look for a mailbox at the quest hub and you'll be able to start riding! Woot!

Like the riding... don't like the fact that you get dismounted if a mob farts in your general direction....

Made it to Sanctum to check that place out. Appears that you will "rest" in certain areas but haven't figured out how you can see that. (i.e. no zZzZ on your portrait like WoW) Is it just the big city or will it happen in footholds too?

Quote Originally Posted by Traxian View Post
    Like the riding... don't like the fact that you get dismounted if a mob farts in your general direction....

Made it to Sanctum to check that place out. Appears that you will "rest" in certain areas but haven't figured out how you can see that. (i.e. no zZzZ on your portrait like WoW) Is it just the big city or will it happen in footholds too?
    Your EXP bar will turn green if you are getting rested.

ok..figured that just showed that you ARE rested vs getting rested.... (like wow's bar goes blue if you are rested, but doesn't change just because you're in stormwind...) I see it has the same arrows that the wow bar has to show how much you've got....

Oh hrmm.. maybe you're right about the color thing.

I don't know if it's a certain percent or what to get dismounted. Sometimes I can take a few hits. However... if you have a pet, just let it D up the mobs, run away a little, set your pet to passive and start remounting (you can remount while in combat so long as you aren't getting hit). Then you can ride away- usually.

Rested seems to only happen in Sanctum for me. Maybe that's their way of keeping people at the capital. Since each zone has a means of insta-travelling there, it winds up being easy to make sure you get rested each night. On the other hand... xp seems to flow pretty good if you're focus questing or closing rifts or pvp'ing. It's getting distracted by damn sparse ore nodes that gets me...

Gaaaaaahh!!!