Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars The Old Republic

Star Wars The Old Republic

So I have gotten an invite for testing this game...they do things a lot different from anything else I have seen.

I get the ability to play a specific class in my case its an Imperial Agent or a Bounty Hunter. Also the test period for this one is for 3 days only after which I will be asked a series of questions. Interested to see how this goes.

Congrats!

Now I need to get one of those invites myself...
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

if bioware keeps up what I played last night WoW has some competition.

That's reassuring to hear.

I'm looking forward to this one.
    Oooh, shiny!

Games are always great when they are shiny and new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreirden View Post
    Games are always great when they are shiny and new.
    YEAH MAN WOW FOREVER *high five*

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    YEAH MAN WOW FOREVER *high five*
    Feeling lonely out there by yourself?

Man, you WoW nerds really stick together, particularly in your loud opposition to anything that is not WoW. No, I felt lonelier when I was sitting in front of a computer watching my elf run around for 50 hours a week.

Watching my Wookiee Jedi run around will be way more satisfying

In all seriousness, I loved Bioware's last foray into the Star Wars universe, and I'm very much looking forward to SW:TOR. I think the property's sheer strength combined with Bioware's expertise, the pay-to-addict-yourself MMORPG model, and a rabid fanbase could be the first real "threat" to WoW's dominance. And thank Christ. Monopolies are bad in any business. I can almost guarantee I won't play SW:TOR myself for more than a month or two, but I'll be watching its growth with great interest.
    Last edited by Macheath; 09-23-2010 at 03:40 PM.

A game is a game. It's something I throw money at to unwind and have a little fun - preferably in the company of people I know. Game A is 'better' than game B if it does the same at a cheaper price.

I guess at my age, a gnome bouncing up and down is as satisfying as a Jedi waving his saber. A game is neither a challenge to conquer nor does it enrich my life in any way.

Playing games maybe a hobby for many of you, so you maybe looking for variety. But for some of us, it's just a place to escape.

I definitely intend to get this game.

I really want to get into the beta though
    Oooh, shiny!