Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Star Wars The Old Republic

Just investigated the options here. Basically,

1. If you just want to try it, play F2P and see how you like it.
    2. If you like it, pay $5 for "Preferred Status," which unlocks a lot of the really terrible F2P restrictions.
    3. If you like it a bunch, pay $15 for one month of subscription instead, to unlock levels 51-65. When your sub runs out, you'll have Preferred Status.
    4. If you really like it a bunch, consider the Deluxe Pack on Origin, which is on sale for $19.99 right now and gives a level 60 boost + 1050 cartel coins.

I went all-in with the Deluxe Pack, since I've tried the game before and I know I like it. And because I'm weak to sales during this time of year.

And incidentally, here's the reddit comment that convinced me to give it another shot:

I can't believe no one here has commented yet on how good the storyline in the expansion is so far. Basically Bioware doubled-down on the storytelling aspect of SWTOR, and chucked a lot of the MMO aspects of SWTOR out the window (or at least to a lower level of priority).

As a result, the new expansion is some of the best storytelling Bioware's done since Mass Effect 1, and they've committed to making narrative, not dungeons or PvP, the main endgame content for players. They're departing from the "try to beat WoW at being WoW" strategy really focusing on the niche of SWTOR being the "Story MMO."

Personally, I love it. It's really fun. The new expansion feels like a worthy narrative successor to KOTOR 1/2.

Interesting to see them focusing more on story. I might have to take a look at it again once I get money.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

What does the Deluxe package get me in terms of game time, will I be stuck paying monthly?

Deluxe is 60 days of time, as opposed to 30 from the normal sub. From that perspective alone, $19 is a pretty good deal. Plus you get the level 60 boost and cartel coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Bioware SWTOR trailers are so much better than Blizzard WoW trailers it makes me crap myself.
    Man, they're good at these things.

This made me laugh so much harder than it probably should have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Only 1 in 17 Wampas even HAVE buttholes.