Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

Diablo 3

Apparently the game is now in Friends and Family alpha testing. If you have any contacts at Blizzard, now is the time to start talking to them again out of the blue after largely ignoring them for years on end.

I don't hold out much hope for getting in the Alpha test, but I have beta tested the last 2 expansions of WoW and SC2 so I hold out some hope that I'd be chosen again for the beta. We'll see.

I may have to prod my online contact again for this one...

He got me into the Cata F&F Alpha, so who knows
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

I'd be tempted to resurrect some of those long-dead contacts you mentioned, but frankly I haven't got the time to play Diablo 3.

The Warlock (Die Hard)
    I think that I am actually going to try to get into the Beta on this.

I was all for the sc2 beta, but since d3 is a persistent rpg game, won't it leave you feeling empty when they purge all your characters you've spent time on?

It's a persistent RPG for normal people. Hardcore Diablo fans level a character up to 99 for an afternoon's diversion.

I'm pretty excited about this game and wish I could get into a beta for it but since I have never been chosen for a beta for any game I have ever signed up for I am not going to hold my breath.

Those that do get in, please give feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by bret View Post
    I was all for the sc2 beta, but since d3 is a persistent rpg game, won't it leave you feeling empty when they purge all your characters you've spent time on?
    I actually play d2 exclusively in the hardcore mode so that if you die once you don't get your gear or hero back. The second that I die it makes me want to quit lol.

So, anyone else contemplating quitting their job to just play Diablo 3 now that Blizzard has announced plans to open a market place to sell items for real world cash?

the thought did cross my mind. I am going to have to build two new systems for this game but it will be worth it...