Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Diablo 3

So it will come out in 2012 now

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/...beta-extended/

Damn, was hoping to snag it for the holidays this year.
    Oooh, shiny!

Check out my gaming channel on Youtube! Streams, videos, and more right here!

oh look hey that's nifty

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    oh look hey that's nifty
    I'd forgotten how much I love Blizz cutscenes. I felt the Starcraft 2 ones were underwhelming.

Also would you look at that fucking eyeball! I'm not going to be one of those "BLIZ SHOULD MAKE MOVIE" assholes, but they should sure as hell animate one. Maybe Brad Bird could come up with the story. GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    I'd forgotten how much I love Blizz cutscenes. I felt the Starcraft 2 ones were underwhelming.
    I loved them. There were a couple that were less amazing than the rest, sure, but there were a lot of cutscenes. And most were great, and a couple were mindblowingly awesome.

In other words, you're weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorlin View Post
    Also would you look at that fucking eyeball! I'm not going to be one of those "BLIZ SHOULD MAKE MOVIE" assholes, but they should sure as hell animate one. Maybe Brad Bird could come up with the story. GO!
    Thank you for being the first person in the history of the internet to realize there's a difference between a kickass cutscene and a good movie. Everyone thought Squaresoft should make a movie, and look what happened. Look at it.

Ok, I just "bought" D3 for free since I committed to WoW for 12 months. nOOb ? #1: Is there a monthly fee? #2: ETA on release/download date, and #3 will a 6 year old computer that gets laggy with WoW occasionally be even remotely able to handle this game. Thanks.

#1 - No.

#2 - Rumor is early 2012, but no confirmed date. I believe you get a beta key for doing what you did though

#3 - Hard telling. Your graphics card will likely be the decider there.

Your computer doesn't get laggy playing WoW because of the graphics card. It's because there are 40000 people running around with 40000 mobs in a huge area and your computer's trying to hold it all in RAM. Diablo III will be much less stressful in weird ways that an MMO likes, and somewhat more stressful in normal ways that normal video games are.

My understanding is that I get a beta invite for the next WoW x-pac, which really doesn't mean much to me. I should read more about what I actually just did, not really sure how to get D3 once it is released, since I haven't checked the e-mail account I use for battle.net in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    Just played through the Bastion demo on Steam. It's not exactly a Diabloesque, but it bears mentioning. Very pretty game, stylish and slick. The controls bugged me though.
    Nice music, too.

Opening cinematic for Diablo III: