Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 185866676869 LastLast

Thread: Random Shit Thread: Redux!

I just got an email from Massdrop featuring a Fisher Space Pen, and their blurb claimed it was "perhaps the most recognizable pen of the 20th century." And I'm just like, surely not, right? Sure it's something like the Bic Cristal or Paper Mate Kilometrico, right? Fuckin fancy space shit.

Musical genius!

Okay, well, the internet's a fucked up place again, officially.

Yea, I read about that a few months back and have greatly curtailed YouTube access since. Fucking people out there man.

shit, now I have to pay attention!!!>!!<<!!<#@TA:"LGK

I hate the world.

Is youtube kids still *relatively* safe?

No idea. I think daycare uses that and I haven't heard of issues, but part of the problem with this Elsagate thing is that they do everything they can to make it look like innocent kids videos to avoid those filters. Here's Elsa dancing around and now they're sticking needles in a bare ass. It's weird man.

Quote Originally Posted by Macheath View Post
    This isn't quite on that level, but it's indicative of the "children on youtube" trend. Kids eat up this "family friendly" shit, and guys like these two douchebags pump out terrible videos (quality does not matter) and rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars per month because children have no taste. This is in the Logan/Jake Paul family of shitty channels. Look at these view counts, and more importantly, look at the timestamps. Every single video is juuuuuuust over 10 minutes. I assume this enables some form of extra monetization on YouTube. Roger that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    I remember finding out about those weird "kids" videos a couple of years ago, like the whole "elsa and spiderman" shit that was going on. really fucking odd. i had forgotten about it until you brought it up a few days ago. Anyway, now that i'm trying to get familiar with the whole YouTube ecosystem, i've installed vidIQ to see all the stats and metadata and such on YouTube pages. Yesterday I noticed that inside my Creator Studio vidIQ added some buttons to the sidebar menu, one of them is "Most Viewed" so I clicked it and saw that the top of the list both yesterday and today (and i'm guessing any day i were to look at it) are very odd "kids" videos with like ungodly amounts of views. Seems pretty damn fishy to me. Today for example, the most viewed video over the last 7 days is this one published 4 days ago which already has 8.5M views. That's almost 76k views PER HOUR since it was published.

The video is also monetized to the hilt. It's 10 minutes and 5 seconds long (how convenient) and contains a pre-roll add, a post-roll add and then 6 adds spread throughout the video. Comments are disabled, and the subscriber count is hidden on the channel. The video features knock off Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and even the title uses "Mickey and Minnie Mouse". On top of that, the like/dislike ratio is only 70% and the description is engrish: "Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse Learn Colors Funny Story! Bingo Song Cartoon for Kids". This is obviously a copyright infringement, and obviously (to me, at least) a click farm target. Here I am seeing all these legitimate YouTubers getting oddball copy strikes and bogus "suspicious click activity" bans and yet here's this shit videos obviously scamming the system sitting at the top of the most viewed rankings EVERY 👏 SINGLE 👏 DAY 👏

These must just make a buttload of money for YouTube so they allow it to happen.